4870x2 8.54 drivers = Wow Performance in COD4!!!!

Does this mean your done beating up the 4870X2 , perhaps a performance issue with your board and the 4870X2 ? As suggested many times in this thread but ignored:rolleyes:

Does this mean your done beating up the 4870X2 , perhaps a performance issue with your board and the 4870X2 ? As suggested many times in this thread but ignored:rolleyes:

My board has problems but performance isn't one of them. (At least not with other cards.) I mentioned a possible theory for the lower benchmarks I see with the card on this board. I don't know if that theory is correct or not. I also was trying to avoid replacing that board. It seems highly unlikely to me that the 4870 X2 will perform better on the second board. If it does then great, if not then fine. I'll go back to my NVIDIA cards. Aside from the sound issue causing stuttering in CoD4 I don't believe that the board problems are impacting performance in any specific way.

My board has problems but performance isn't one of them. (At least not with other cards.) I mentioned a possible theory for the lower benchmarks I see with the card on this board. I don't know if that theory is correct or not. I also was trying to avoid replacing that board. It seems highly unlikely to me that the 4870 X2 will perform better on the second board. If it does then great, if not then fine. I'll go back to my NVIDIA cards. Aside from the sound issue causing stuttering in CoD4 I don't believe that the board problems are impacting performance in any specific way.

I just do not believe that the 4870X2 is a good fit for this intel board, the problem is that nvidia put its heart into its support of their card on the D5400XS and ATI did not like it should have. I also believe nvidia wanted to show intel what intel is taken away from the public by turning it nose up at SLI for the past years, i would love to run 280GTX SLI on my DFI X48

The 4870X2 performance on the D5400XS should be through the roof and its not so shame on ATI and not for the excellent card that it is but for not working more with the D5400XS board. I think ATI needs to go old school with the D5400XS and write a driver for this board and not throw another universal driver at it.

I will eat crow now if the replacement board is the answer. That is something i strongly believed in at one time:D

Sure at maybe 16 X 12 or 1080. Not, I repeat not on 19 X 12 or higher, unless you think 20 frames per second is "playable" or you dig slideshows.

I have CrossfireX X2s and Crysis sucks ass on very high at 19 X 12. If I stand still the game is ROXORS........but if I actually want to DO something, forget it.

legit?
Been trying to convince that guy to use fraps as he is playing the game, from what I managed to gather from that fps counter at the top right corner fps remained 20+ even during firefight but I'm still not sure.

legit?
Been trying to convince that guy to use fraps as he is playing the game, from what I managed to gather from that fps counter at the top right corner fps remained 20+ even during firefight but I'm still not sure.

its definately legit. Thats the performance I get at the same settings.

The only map that kicked my cards balls was the last map w/ the boss. Man i saw like 2 fps here and there.

I just do not believe that the 4870X2 is a good fit for this intel board, the problem is that nvidia put its heart into its support of their card on the D5400XS and ATI did not like it should have. I also believe nvidia wanted to show intel what intel is taken away from the public by turning it nose up at SLI for the past years, i would love to run 280GTX SLI on my DFI X48

The 4870X2 performance on the D5400XS should be through the roof and its not so shame on ATI and not for the excellent card that it is but for not working more with the D5400XS board. I think ATI needs to go old school with the D5400XS and write a driver for this board and not throw another universal driver at it.

I will eat crow now if the replacement board is the answer. That is something i strongly believed in at one time:D

I have doubts that ATI did any qualification and testing on the D5400XS. i expect the card to perform the same on the next board.

I have doubts that ATI did any qualification and testing on the D5400XS. i expect the card to perform the same on the next board.

whats funny is my ATI card runs great on the 780i chipset... I dont think ATI would do any testing there ethier, yet I dont have issues.

whats funny is my ATI card runs great on the 780i chipset... I dont think ATI would do any testing there ethier, yet I dont have issues.

I think they would. Those boards are popular. The D5400XS on the other hand is far from being a popular choice.

Back