4870 @ ZZF!

i am tempted... but since i have a SLI board i am going to wait out the 4870 X2

AGH! I'm being pulled in 2 directions... part of me wants this NOW, and the other part wants me to wait for a few weeks to see if any deals come up less than 300.... asdfasdfasdf

I don't think the price is going to come down much. $299 is a GREAT price for this card. Sure, in a year or so, the prices will drop. But, for leading edge performance, $300 is not a bad deal.

Especially considering that it runs neck and neck with the 260GTX which costs ... what, $150 more?

I don't think the price is going to come down much. $299 is a GREAT price for this card. Sure, in a year or so, the prices will drop. But, for leading edge performance, $300 is not a bad deal.

Especially considering that it runs neck and neck with the 260GTX which costs ... what, $150 more?

You're right... and I have never bought a nice video card at launch... I have $400 in my paypal acct, so why not?!
WOOT! :D

PS: Its probably the nVidia cards which are going to drop in price. If you are waiting for a GeForce, hold out a bit longer cause I bet you can get a good deal soon.

I'm starting to be glad I have the EVGA step-up program.

The ONLY prices that will be going down anytime soon, will be Nvidia's over priced heat traps.

AGH! I'm being pulled in 2 directions...

same here, only the fight is between wanting to get a new toy (4870) and not really needing it. i just don't play any games right now that require a better card. all i play right now is COD4, STALKER, and BF2, which all run nice and smooth on last gen hardware. i need a new FPS release to justify buying the 4870 :(

I hoping to capitalize on the X38 drop...

I am also thinking if you want an Nvidia card, def wait a week or two. The ATI cards are priced so well, I don't think they'll drop any time soon.

if history repeats itself, and demand is high. The price of ATi cards can go up. I remember it happening to the HD3870 from retailers.

if history repeats itself, and demand is high. The price of ATi cards can go up. I remember it happening to the HD3870 from retailers.

X800XT PE cards were going for outrageous prices back in the day.

Crap! Do I buy this now, or wait for other versions to come out? >_< Does HIS make really high quality cards?

Edit: And because I hesitated, I lost it. Dang. But anyway, yeah, is HIS a good ATI manufacturer? I know absolutely nothing about ATI's manufacturers.

Prices may go up.... look at the 9600gt...they were going for like 109.00 AR

now they pushing 180

Crap! Do I buy this now, or wait for other versions to come out? >_< Does HIS make really high quality cards?

Edit: And because I hesitated, I lost it. Dang. But anyway, yeah, is HIS a good ATI manufacturer? I know absolutely nothing about ATI's manufacturers.

When the 9800 was released, HIS was highly regarded so I would think they still are.

I just ordered mine! Woohoo! Thank you [H]ard|Forum, and a special thanks to caw2007 for helping us all find 'em. You guys are awesome.

Everyone seems to have jumped on the Visiontek bandwagon here at [H], but yeah, HIS is very reputable.

backordered at BB, damn I thought I had it in the bag. Already ordering one from them caused me to not place an order at any other website and now I have nothing. BB says ships in 1-2+ weeks. durrrrrrrrrrrrr

Back