• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4870 X2 Stuck in 2D mode

Joined
Mar 6, 2009
Messages
3
I have a 4870 X2 with the latest 9.2 drivers that has a Koolance waterblock on it. I've been running GPU-Z in the background and my GPU never gets above 509Mhz and the Memory above 500Mhz except for a very split second when I run a 3d App. I've reinstalled the drivers and used Driver Sweep to remove the old ones as well as this is a fresh install of Vista Ultimate 64-bit. All my 3d benchmarks (Crysis, Crysis Warhead, 3dMark Vantage) are being run full screen at 1920x1080. When I use the auto-tune feature in the CCC it shows clocking both GPU's to 767Mhz and the memory to 960Mhz so its seeing both cores. What tipped me off to this problem aside from horrible framerates in Crysis was my Vantage score on my videocard was about 6000!! My core temps never get above 41 degrees C on water. Any advice would be appreciated as I have been beating my head on this thing for a week now!!

System Specs:
Intel i7 920 (o.c.'d to 3.8Ghz)
Asus Rampage 2 Extreme
6Gb Corsair Dominator
2 WD Raptor 74GB in Raid 0
250GB WD Caviar
All liquid cooled by custom Koolance system
Azuntech Forte 7.1 Soundcard
Vista 64-bit Ultimate fresh install:confused:
 
Have you tried taking out the Azuntech card and drivers? Also are you sure you're not playing in windowed mode?

I ran across a couple of posts on overclockers.net where their xfi cards/drivers were causing their problems. I know Azuntech isn't creative, but its worth a shot.
 
I may have the same issue, but I'm not sure if it's just a speed-stepping thing when the card's idle or not.

What's your FPS in Crysis and at what settings? I get in the low to mid 40s at 1900x1050 with everything but Objects on High (Objects Very High).
 
I downloaded Rivatuner last night and forced the clocks to 775 on the gpu's amd 980 on the memory. Crysis ran alot better averaging 47fps in 1920x1080 also Vantage scored my card slightly above 16000. On all my tests 've been running them in full screen. However after about 30 minutes the computer rebooted for no reason! I haven't tried uninstalling the audio card yet to see if thats the problem.
 
Back
Top