4870 x2 HMDI Out

speedy523

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, so im thinking about testing my 4870 x2 downstairs on the 52" bravia. my only question is, if i used the DVI to HDMI and out putted through HDMI, will audio go through the HDMI?

nope since your source is dvi, there will be no audio out

well i thought i read it before so i decided to look around for it and i found it

The card has two DVI ports, basically the most common output configuration these days. In case you need an analog VGA port you can use the included DVI adapter. When using an HDMI

adapter (also included), you will also have access to HDMI+HDCP+Audio, which allows easy setup of a media PC. All recent ATI Radeon cards have a Realtek HD Audio device integrated inside

the GPU silicon. This means that you don't have to connect any additional cabling to the graphics card for HDMI Audio.
A new feature of the HD 4xxx Series is support for 7.1 HDMI audio,

the older HD 3xxx cards supported only 5.1.

Code:
[URL="http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_4870_X2/3.html"]http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_4870_X2/3.html[/URL]

Question is, what are the drivers? Windows see the "Digital Audio Device - 2-High Definition Audio Device". Those drivers good enough? Or what Realtek drivers do i use?

21nie0y.jpg

To get digital audio out of the HDMI/DVI port, you need to run a S/PDIF cable from your soundcard or mobo, whichever you normally use for audio, to the S/PDIF IN port on the 4870x2... That is, IF there IS such a port on that particular card. That is how it is normally done.

Wrong on all accounts. Just plug it in, it works. The correct device is the first one.

Wrong on all accounts. Just plug it in, it works. The correct device is the first one.

o i know that, im just looking for the drivers.

I found these

Code:
[URL="http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3"]http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3[/URL]

When you click the link, just accept the agreement, and it will show the drivers.

I downloaded and installed ATI HDMI Audio Device. That's correct, right?

30cxi5e.jpg

wow this is great info, makes turning my pc into a htpc so much easier

yeah, but i got this bs.

2egbqdx.jpg

What do i do now? i need to output with hdmi, and i know you can, but i dont knwo how to make it work or which drivers to use? :confused:

What does it mean not plugged in?

The not plugged in message could be referring to you not actually having anything connected through HDMI (if you aren't yet connected to the TV). Try hooking your PC up to the TV with the HDMI cable and see if you have any luck. It should work fine without you having to mess around with any special drivers.

The not plugged in message could be referring to you not actually having anything connected through HDMI (if you aren't yet connected to the TV). Try hooking your PC up to the TV with the HDMI cable and see if you have any luck. It should work fine without you having to mess around with any special drivers.

kk, ill install my wireless n adapter before i go down, so i can post, and install new drivers if needed.

I also decided to finally open my install cd(one that says catalyst) that came with my card and searched through the folders and found this in the XP section (plz note theres a vista section also)

23lkun8.jpg

ill try the Realtek ATI HDMI Audio Device ones first when i go down. But if they fail, ill unistall them and install this. But hopefully i won't and the Realtek will work :)

Also before i go down, i hafta finish one of my essay, so i can start/finish the 2nd one tomorow, add mla citations to essay, and do my editing on wednesday for a thursday morning due date.....

need help! i installed the dvi to hdmi that came with card. and i plugged the hdmi into the adapter and into the tc. But whenever i boot into bios first of all, the black is red. and the signal is choppy and flashing black in some areas. and i know its not the cable since i just ran the cable with my hd dvd player and it worked. right now im n safe mode. when i boot normal its gets to the vista logo then the tv loses the signal. heres a screen shot, plz help quick!!

34fkxnb.jpg

well the screen shot wasnt really what i was seeing. all black was red and the screen would flicker. tried both dvi ports, smae problem on oboth. anyway on on component now, but why wouldnt work? anyone know? was the adapter bad?

i don't understand why it doesn't work. it passes through audio just like a native hdmi interface.

i don't understand why it doesn't work. it passes through audio just like a native hdmi interface.

o no, audio wasnt hte problem, the video feed was. like black was displaying as red, even in bios. the video signal would get lost if i didnt run in safe mode. screen would flicker, etc. but right when i went to component it displayed fine. weird.

it looks it is the problem of your TV. Before you load into windows, the output resolution is set to 720p, after it is loaded into windows, the resolution would be set to whatever resolution you set in your CCC.

If you lose signal that means your TV does not support that resolution, you can plug a computer monitor on the other dvi port, then adjust the resolution till you have signal.

All this would so much easier fro Speedy and others if he had a manual guiding him through it all just like what you would find with any other appliance you buy. This is something that has bugged me tremedously about PC hardware. You almost always have to research on the net to get detailed how toos if things dont work right out of the box which means lots of time wasted.

well its a bravia, and it accepts all resolutions, i cant set it anyspecific res. Like when i load of a blu ray or hd dvd it automatically says like Input: HDMI 3 --- 16:9 1080p, where as the 16:9 1080p changes depending on the input signal. Thats were i was confused, because the screen was flickering, black was red. And i was able to boot the comp over hdmi in safe mode, how does that work and not hdmi?

you can try the dual monitor setup by plugging in a computer monitor and see what resolution is being set for your TV

Back