• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4870 X2 - Catalyst reporting 507/500

crawlgsx

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 12, 2008
Messages
1,252
Even under full load in game Catalyst still says that the cards "current values" are running at 507 gpu clock 500 memory clock.

The game appears to be running ok so is this just a farce?
It seems like every time I load up BC2 the game runs differently, same drivers. Sometimes it runs great, sometimes It runs "ok" (dipping into the mid 50's during some maps on max settings with 2x aa 4x af).

Anyone else have this problem? Is it just reporting incorrectly I would hope?
 
maybe do an uninstall of those drivers and run driver sweeper in safe mode than install the new set
 
Get a program like MSI Afterburner which will log your GPU speed along with temps and core speeds. GPUz will do it also but MSI Afterburner has a bigger graph and monitors all GPUs at the same time.

The only time I've seen weird issues with the card staying at idle clocks is when I'm running stuff in windowed mode.
 
I ran 3dmark06 just as a better idea of my current performance to past and its right on the spot it was before.

I know that's not really an end all test, but if I scored about the same score with 9.12 (without this odd reporting) and 10.4 I'd say its safe to assume my card is definitely not running at lower clock speeds.

Stupid Catalyst :).
 
Back
Top