4870 HDMI Sound Output

truffle00

2[H]4U
I am using a 4870 to send both video and sound to my TV over HDMI. When the TV is on and I turn on the computer, I get sound. When the computer has been on and I turn on the TV, I don't get sound, which is fixed by a restart.

What gives? Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a fix? It's annoying to have to restart whenever I want to watch something, and will be even more so when I get my RAID up and running.

You could try replugging the HDMI cable or reenabling the HDMI output in windows.

check the sound properties, and make sure that the program you are using is sending sound via the hdmi cable.

You could try replugging the HDMI cable or reenabling the HDMI output in windows.

+1. I think when you start the computer w/o the TV plugged in and on, computer automaticaly disables HDMI audio, so you just need to what dmonkey suggests ;)

risqu3, I do get sound under certain circumstances so that's not the isue.

Unplugging the cable works, but that's really not the best way of going about this. I'll try disabling and re-enabling in a bit. I had a brainfart when doing it earlier and just switched the default sound device to something else then back to HDMI.

Does the tv have a setting for hdmi sound input?
I think my tv does .
Auto,digital,something else.
Check that.

Back