4870 HDMI Problem

RabidSmurf

n00b
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased a new HDMI receiver (Marantz s4002), I have my computer (ATI 4870) hooked up to this on the HDMI-1 input, which outputs to my monitor.

The problem is that when the computer is in the boot up stage, I get no display, so I can't access my bios or see my raid status. It will only display it seems once windows loads.

Is there a setting for my motherboard I need to enable, or something in the receiver?

I haven't seen this issue on that exact card, but there are some ATI cards (and alot of onboard HDMI) where the HDMI port is not activated until the driver starts up. Its entirely possible that there isnt anything you can do about it. That being said, its probably worth an email to the tech support of whatever brand the card is to see if you are supposed to be able to get a video signal on the HDMI port during POST.

Its also possible that the recieving device is waiting for some signal that the HDMI port only give out once the driver is loaded. If you have something else that can recieve HDMI, its worth giving that a shot.

Hey guys,

thanks for the input... to the first poster, I've tried both ports with the same behavior.

To the second poster, this seems most likely... if I hook up the DVI from my video card directly to my monitor instead of through my receiver I don't get this issue. But that also negates the purpose of the receiver....

So it seems it's an issue with the receiver, just not sure if it's config or just a limitation of the receiver itself.

Couldn't get it to work, I think the receiver needs to have video upconversion for it to work, can anyone confirm this?

My solution is to use the VGA port on my monitor and just switch the video source directly on my monitor if/when I need to work in the bios.

Back