• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4870 Crossfire

obliv

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 1, 2009
Messages
383
I have been contemplating putting 4870 1gb crossfire in my upcoming i7 build. I have two questions in regards to this.

First would my OCZ GameXstream 700w psu handle a i7 with a moderate oc 3.2-3.6 and crossfire 4870's.

Second My current card is my awesome 8800GTX but it is aging especially when playing Arma 2. Would 4870 Crossfire provide the boost i am expecting?

I know the next gen are slated for release late this year. But after going so long with the 8800gtx i found that i enjoy having new technology to play with and tweak that i can replace every year or so, more than having the newest 650$ graphics card. So i really don't plan on upgrading to the next gen until the prices begin to fall.
 
I have a Coolmax 700W modular PSU that handles 2 4870s and a Q9300 at 3.7GHz. I don't think you'll have a problem.

CrossFired 4870s will absolutely demolish a 8800GTX btw.
 
Back
Top