• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

4870 artifacting even without drivers

Adrnshw6

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
172
I recently bought an Asus 4870 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121276)
and I am getting constant artifacts, with and without drivers. I put in my old 7800 gt and there were no problems, so it is definitely a problem with the card itself. The card is not overheating, since the artifacts occur even when the card is sitting idle at 45 C. I even upped the fan speed to the max and the artifacts still occurred.

Should I return my card and get a replacement or is this a fixable issue?
 
Can only do as what Drakan suggested, get a replacement, if it's still the same change the board, could be a bad PCIE slot if that's the case.
 
What power supply are you using?

My guess is probably a bad card so RMA. If it continues to happen, it could be something like power.
 
The same thing happened to me and it turned out that the video card was defective.
 
I had that exact problem before with an ati 9800 pro. But it turned out that my power supply was weakening, and my card was not getting enough juice which made it artifact. So i think you should try a different psu before you rma the card.
 
Back
Top