4850x2 vs 9800GTX+

slayer9019

[H]ard|Gawd
I already got the 9800GTX+ and just got a 4850x2. I got the 4850x2 for the quad DVI because I have only 1 PCIe slot and 4 monitors (ahhh!). I was wondering what the gaming difference will be on the new card.

this gpu chart from toms is a great quick reference. you can see that your new card is a few levels above your old one. so you should expect a pretty decent performance boost, except possibly some microstutter that you didnt see before. if youre lucky you wont even notice it. remember that if you want to game, youll have to turn off xfire if you want to use both gpus and then you can only use one of the top two dvi ports. then youll have to disable it when youre done gaming if you want to use all 4 monitor ports again. kind of annoying, but well worth it imo.

well i only game about 2-3 hours a week at tops. i usually keep gaming on my 47" and keep the work and [H] on my i7

I already got the 9800GTX+ and just got a 4850x2. I got the 4850x2 for the quad DVI because I have only 1 PCIe slot and 4 monitors (ahhh!). I was wondering what the gaming difference will be on the new card.

much better. if you don't enable crossfire then it will be about the same

yeah that was me but i didnt understand
i usually keep gaming on my 47" and keep the work and [H] on my i7
. isnt the 47" connected to the i7 rig in your sig?

yeah that was me but i didnt understand . isnt the 47" connected to the i7 rig in your sig?

well mostly my 360 but sometimes some CS:S on my AMD rig. The only games that push my i7 are Fallout3 and Far Cry

You'll enjoy the 4850x2, you keeping it stock? 4850's begin to shine around 800mhz (if you can hit that).

ah cool. well enjoy the card. i used to have one and i loved it, although the card started to droop after a while since its so long and heavy and doesnt have a backplate and it ended up artifacting. i got it replaced under warranty though and sold the replacement. just something to watch out for, although i know that many people have been running them for years with no problem.

You'll enjoy the 4850x2, you keeping it stock? 4850's begin to shine around 800mhz (if you can hit that).

i am kinda thinking about upping it a bit but am concerned about heat inside the case. Already got alot going on in there and going to drop in 2 2tb drives soon.

Back