4850x2 2gb $149.99 openbox

Whoa. Great deal. That's on par with a GTX 285. Faster in some situations, slower in a few. But DANG.

Full support for quad DVI output, too, w/CF going as well.

Yeah, good deal but I'd be a little wary. I've bought many open box items from newegg and the motherboards, cpu coolers, etc. have been usually ok, but I've had trouble with faulty video cards (artifacting mainly) plenty of times. It's a hit or miss, but they've extended the refund policy to 30 days now (used to be only 15).

I'd still take the risk though, do some hardcore stress testing the first couple of days.

Luckily, you can take care of an RMA through some manufacturers pretty smoothly, but I can't really vouch for Sapphire RMAs. Maybe others have had a good experience.

Last edited:
terrific deal. i sold my 6 month old 4850x2 for $175 here last week and had many responses. hell of a card.

Its still there. If someone can purchase an extra one i can buy it from the in like a week or so since im low an cash. Please anyone pm me if they are willing to do so.

Its still there. If someone can purchase an extra one i can buy it from the in like a week or so since im low an cash. Please anyone pm me if they are willing to do so.

uh yeah. OKAY sure thing

Rofl. I thought the "HALPZ, no money, hold for me I buy next month K?" was only limited to Craigslist.

DO NOT BUY THIS CARD IF YOU WANT CF ON AND 4 DVI PORTS AT THE SAME TIME. THIS CARD WILL ONLY RUN WITH 2 DVI PORTS ENABLED IN CF MODE AND 4 ENABLED IN NON CF MODE!

DO NOT BUY THIS CARD IF YOU WANT CF ON AND 4 DVI PORTS AT THE SAME TIME. THIS CARD WILL ONLY RUN WITH 2 DVI PORTS ENABLED IN CF MODE AND 4 ENABLED IN NON CF MODE!

Oh darn it, For $149 I can only run cross fire on two monitors at once? Deal killer ... NOT.

Don't feel bad. The 4890 is getting so cheap now that you'd be nuts to get the 4850x2. A 1GHz OC'ed 4890 is faster than the 4850x2 and uses almost 1/2 the power and you don't have to worry about CF. In addition I've seen reports on the net that the 4850x2 often has heat issues. Of course if you have a CF ready board you can always get a second 4890 later. ;)

Check here for a comparison of the two cards: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/radeon-hd4890.html

I've been thinking of getting both cards for a while and until I saw the above comparison I was leaning towards the 4850x2. Now I would go for the 4890, except for the fact that most the games I play run fine still in 1920x1080. I'm skipping the 4890 and waiting for the next generation of GFX cards later in the year.

1920_relative.png

i think ill stick with my 4850x2 at my res

is there a card that does allow it?

Great card. Even at full price ($200) it's still the price/performance sweet spot.

I have one in my laptop and it kills almost any game at highest settings. eWiz has them new for $190...

Great card. Even at full price ($200) it's still the price/performance sweet spot.

I have one in my laptop and it kills almost any game at highest settings. eWiz has them new for $190...

There's a 4850x2 laptop? Batteries last about 10 minutes

Back