4850 X2 & XFire Overclock

lodingi

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 24, 2003
Messages
2,199
I wanted to see what overclock speeds my fellow 4850 X2 users are getting. I used the auto tune feature and it chose 690/1188. When I ran FurMark to test the settings, it would artifact quite badly. I was able to raise the gpu to 700 and lower my memory speed to 1075. It seems stable thus far.

Auto tune maxes out at 700, so I figure I would check in and start this thread before using RivaTuner to go higher.

Since this gpu is the same one as the 4870, I would assume there's more headroom despite the memory bandwidth limitation.

Let me know your speeds & settings. I'm an RT noob so feel free to chime in. Thanks.
 
I know for a fact i could get more than 700 core but no one is writing any overclocking programs for this specific card. Heck, you cant even overclock the shaders on this card:mad:

My 4850x2 does 700/1200 no prob but see no gains past 685/1145
 
The shader speed is permanently linked with the core speed, unlike Nvidia cards.
You can't control the shader clocks with any ATI card as far as I know... Not the 4800's at least.
 
i stopped overclocking my vid cards years ago after diminishing returns. if i had a low end vid card and needed every bit of horsepower i might, but only then. when i stopped overclocking, flashing bios, modding and putting 3rd party cooling on my vid cards i stopped having to rma them, also. a 60% overclock on my cpu does much more for my framerates.
 
i stopped overclocking my vid cards years ago after diminishing returns. if i had a low end vid card and needed every bit of horsepower i might, but only then. when i stopped overclocking, flashing bios, modding and putting 3rd party cooling on my vid cards i stopped having to rma them, also. a 60% overclock on my cpu does much more for my framerates.


This +++
 
Back
Top