• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4850 X2 No DVI out?

GT98

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 29, 2001
Messages
1,278
Man this is getting me pissed off, I had issues with my Dell 2405 FP not working with my Diamond HD3870 video cards when I had the DVI-D cable was plugged in, basically it wouldn't work it I got to the windows log on screen and worked perfectly fine after that.

I just got a HD 4850 X2 from Newegg today, and it works great when I boot up the computer, but once I hit the login screen, the DVI output blanks out and I have no display now! The display works fine in DVI when I dont drivers installed though, making me think there is an issue with ATI drivers.

Right now I'm stuck driving the monitor with a DVI to VGA adapter and its driving me nuts...is there a setting I can try to fix the problem?
 
Wow this was fucking retarded...did some reading on the FAQ on ATI's website and I just had to disable the PnP option in the BIOS and it works fine...
 
Interesting, will remember this for the future in case I have this problem.
 
My 4850X2 doesn't even display the POST screen, my monitor won't click on until I'm at the RAID bios for my ud3p, lol.

Works fine, but I just think my monitor is slow *shrug*
 
bookmarked b/c I just got my 4850x2 and will be installing it on Sunday when I get back home

MightyDiomed: any other suggestions? b/c I will be running that mobo w/ the x2, but no RAID
 
My 4850X2 doesn't even display the POST screen, my monitor won't click on until I'm at the RAID bios for my ud3p, lol.

Works fine, but I just think my monitor is slow *shrug*


What type of monitor? Does it do it with a VGA connection?
 
Well it came back again tonight, I think its a driver issue, I had it working fine with DVI, went to start Left For Dead and poof the monitor went out again. Now i can't even get DVI to work when it starts in windows. Was working good for about 24 hours...I'll see if the March update fixes it or not. Does ATI have a support forum that I can post this issue too?
 
Back
Top