4850 to 42" LCD HDTV problems

WanTeD

Limp Gawd
I just bought a 42" Philips and I'm trying to connect it to my PC which has an asus 4850 ATI card

TV:
http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...guage_us/_productid_42PFL5704D_F7_US_CONSUMER

The graphics card comes with an DVI to HDMI adapter, and I bought a separate hdmi/hdmi cable, but when I connect it to the TV (after setting a resolution/refresh rate that are supported by the TV), I get nothing, no signal.

I called Philips' customer support, and they said I should use DVI-I and not DVI. I'm not sure if that a different types of cables, or adapter or..?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ok so apparently the DVI-I thing is just for audio.

I noticed that when I restart the PC, I can see windows starting up an everything, but the TV loses the signal once it reaches the log in screen.

I uninstalled the graphics card's drivers, which forces Windows to restart and set the resolution to 640*480, and the TV didn't lose the signal.

So for now, the only way to have anything appear on the TV is when the resolution is set to 640*480.

Anything would help, thanks

Have you tried using the other output on the card? Last time I got video in the bios but not in Windows, it was because it was using the other output as primary -- once Windows loaded, it switched to the other output and there was no signal on the output I was connected to.

Yes I did, same problem. Can't get anything on the TV unless it's 640x480 :(

You have to have the display enabled in the catalyst software. Plug in your regular monitor so you can see the screen and enable the output to the TV under display manager by activating it as a second monitor. Once activated, you should be able to unplug the monitor and be fine from there on out. Uninstalling CCC is not the way to fix it that's for sure.

Nothing appears in display manager when I plug the TV to the graphics card.

I tried to use "Force detect", but it's not helping much

Back