• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4850 semi ghetto cooling mod

Modred189

Can't Read the OP
2FA
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
17,077
SO I had these old VGA-ram heat sinks laying around, and I realized that my 4850's do not have naked ram chips to cool. But the cooler's backplate thing gets hella-hot, so why not attach the sinks to it!

I have no idea what kind of affect they are having, but they get crazy hot now too, so I can only imagine they help...
DSC02621.jpg


DSC02624.jpg
 
Want to see ghetto mod... I made a plexi bridge and used double sided tape to attach 2 60mm fans to my accelero s1. knocked temps to 50c full load with a 700/1165 OC
 
couldn't we just use ram heat sinks and attach them to the cross square thing on the back of the card? I have some spare ram heat sinks... wonder if i can stick some somewhere now lol.
 
Back
Top