• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4850 Not responding to driver commands

jdm731

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 22, 2008
Messages
120
So I installed a new 4850 tuesday and it plays all the games I throw at it wonderfully. However, it seems to crash quite often. I managed to play TF2 for a couple hours last night then I get the error "VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands" its also done this while I was playing Crysis and CoD4. When this happens it of course makes the game crash. Any ideas what might be causing this?

System specs:
Thermaltake 550W PSU
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD X2 4800
2 Gig of Ram
Windows XP
 
If it's XP that's a bit scary. I'd say try swapping out memory if you have spare, or if you have multiple sticks, take 1 out to test a single stick for a while. If it's fine, swap them and test the next one until you've tested them all.

If they all pass the gaming test, you might try RMA'ing the card.
 
Back
Top