• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4850 Memory Temperatures?

Jakalwarrior

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 6, 2005
Messages
3,189
I had to take off the pads when I cleaned my heatsink last time. They were pretty much unservicable (about the 4th time heatsink has been off). Overall this heatsink is a bad design and can get 100% blockage in less than a years time. Thanks AMD.... Anywho, the PWR thermal pads are still there.

Lately though ive been getting hard locks with color bars on the screen. I am assuming its from video overheating. When running FURmark with renamed exe my memory gets over 100*C after a few minutes. How are the memory temps for you guys?

- I did go ahead and order an accelero but trying to decide if it is safe to run it in the mean time.
 
I am gonna say there is no way the memory is that hot, but that's only because memory on any system I have ever owned has never gotten more than warm to the touch. and I have the same memory on my vid card and they have no sinks on them at all, and they aren't ever hot, let alone 100c hot, which is fracking HOT.

and maybe you should keep your computer cleaner rather than blame amd for your dirty fan being clogged?
 
Running with the stock XFX cooler, after an hour or so memory gets to ~60C.
 
Actually the case has 4x 120mm ultra kaze fans and Is clean. Have yall tried furmark with a renamed exe?(the drivers detect the normal name and limit it or something). The core gets up to 100*c and the memory is under the same flaming hot heatsink. Taking the pads only made it worse.
 
Who cares about Furmark? Furmark got a lot hotter for me than any game I've ever played. Now, temps were still not that bad, but if the temps are fine gaming -- who honestly cares about a Furmark temp?
 
Was merely asking what kind of memory temps you guys get so I can see if mine are out of line and potentially causing my frequent in game lockups.
 
Ah -- well if your getting lockups in regular gaming I'd honestly just try and RMA it. That's not right.
 
Back
Top