4850 hdmi sound question

dorky82

Limp Gawd
Is it possible to have hdmi sound out and also have my desktop speaker on at same time?
Really hate switching over in the sound config. I looked everywhere but i can only set one at a time. Using 4850 hdmi out on tv.

I believe you are stuck with using one or the other... but I, too, would like to hear otherwise. ;)

Unless you can find a way to have windows output sound from one source to two output devices. There may be a hack.

My suggestion would be to get one of those DVI to HDMI thingies that has a separate audio thing then plugging that into either a specific speaker channel (like center) or making using a splitter. Something like this http://images.google.com/imgres?img...dio&hl=en&sa=N&um=1&ei=oY2VSq3QLuLEmQeH9LCzAQ though there may be a much cheaper option I haven't thought of.

Seems like a lot of annoyance though. Couldn't you just hook the TV up with the HDMI cable and then still have sound from a specific channel or splitter running to your TV through one of the audio in ports? or will it not allow you to use those when HDMI is selected as the video input? If so just use a DVI or VGA....

Windows only lets you select one output device at a time, easiest is like someone mentioned have your audio outputted into your stereo system.

Back