- Joined
- Jul 11, 2001
- Messages
- 12,828
When I first got my 2nd 4850, I noticed that they had different idle clocks. My primary card would pretty much always be at 625/990 and my 2nd card would switch between 160/500 and 500/750. I attributed that at first to the fact that they initially had different bios versions but I've since flashed them with identical new bios versions and the problem remains.
It seems like the idle clocks on the 2nd card are working fine but the clocks on the first card aren't going down at all?
As you would expect the first card also runs significantly hotter, though it is actually the 2nd card that has it's fan partially blocked by a soundcard.
Beyond that I'm not really having any stability problems, so is this normal? I'd still like to have both cards with proper idle values just to bring power consumption and heat down.
Also I noticed that when I had a single card, having 2 monitors hooked up seemed to affect it's idle clocks. I still use dual monitors, even in crossfire, so perhaps that is still the cause of the problem?
It seems like the idle clocks on the 2nd card are working fine but the clocks on the first card aren't going down at all?
As you would expect the first card also runs significantly hotter, though it is actually the 2nd card that has it's fan partially blocked by a soundcard.
Beyond that I'm not really having any stability problems, so is this normal? I'd still like to have both cards with proper idle values just to bring power consumption and heat down.
Also I noticed that when I had a single card, having 2 monitors hooked up seemed to affect it's idle clocks. I still use dual monitors, even in crossfire, so perhaps that is still the cause of the problem?