4850 - Black Screen, Audio Lock/screech

bencho

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 15, 2007
Messages
2,093
Been getting a few of these lately where I'll be gaming, and a few times when just idle, browsing, nothing intensive. Screen goes black and signal is lost. Need to do a hard reboot and Win 7 comes back with power kernal failure.

Not sure where to look and am curious to know more steps to troubleshooting. Have an Accelero S1 on it and it's clocked at stock speeds. Verified the thermal paste and its seated correctly. What else can I look at to determine what the issue is?
 
Try reseating or switching power cables to the video card. While you're at it, reseat the video card as well. I would also suggest pointing another fan at the VRM area of the card as it isn't clear if there is good airflow going towards that part of the card.
 
Back
Top