• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

480i & HD into 2005/2405 with same cable?

Mrswap

n00b
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
3
I have a 2005 fpw, which I bought with the intention of also using as a TV in my room. I have a PS2 and an Xbox hooked up to it, but I didn't realise that there doesn't seem to be a way to get a 480i signal through the VGA port. I bought a component to VGA converter off of Ebay that works great for the xbox, except that it doesn't support 480i in any way. This can get very annoying with the dashboard. The PS2 has to be hooked up with a component/VGA crossover cable because of it's model, but it won't work with the xbox and it also doesn't work in 480i, leading me to believe that the VGA port on the monitor simply won't display a 480i signal.

Does anyone know a way around this? Will an HDTV tuner card work? If so, how do I get component into it, most only have a coax. Will there be a lag? Does s-video support 480p? Does anyone know of a component/VGA converter that will scale a 480i signal to a progressive one? And am I wrong assuming that a 2405 will display a 480i through its component input?

Thanks.
 
Back
Top