n00b
Hi,

One of the cores on my Sapphire 4870X2 is running at 82 degrees:-

amd.jpg

Looks like this Core is running at full whack
gpuz1.jpg

Looks like this Core is running reduced
gpuz2.jpg

Any way to get the other Core to stand down ;)

Cheers

HEADRAT

thought 80 was normal... so the one that is running low is the problem no?

GPU clock should be 750 but yours is stuck at the 500 mark.

Fired up two GPU-Z's and watched the temps/rpm/load rise, once I quitted my game both cores have dropped back to 507Mhz Core 500Mhz Memory.

2gpuz.jpg

Obviously just a driver bug.

My fan speed is at 40% but my RPM is at 2000. Maybe you have a fan problem? I'm using a Gigabyte card.

I get about 15C difference between my cores when both run near 100%.

cpuz doesnt report the clocks right

try everest, but i know there is a bug with 8.8 when i boot up 1 of my 4 gpus cores is 750 mhz, i go into a game, 800 mhz on all 4 then back to 507 on all 4 gpus

but one core is going to ALWAYS run hotter than the core getting the fresh air, that hot air from core 1 blows over core 2 to cool it as well, obviously not nearly as well.

Its normal to have one GPU hotter then the other. Mine are like 20C different from each other and my games and benches are all great. Just like mentioned above.. the hot air from the first GPU blows into the 2nd GPU.

first off-=- your speeds are supposed to idle @ those levels then raise in games-- then return to 507/500... so that ok

As for the temps-- the far one gets hotter then the one closest to the fan.. That is normal

You need to do the profile/temp mod and when you booste the fan to 40% your emps will come down.. idle @ 58c/48c ...

Do the fan fix as outlined on the front page article at the top.

Hi,

One of the cores on my Sapphire 4870X2 is running at 82 degrees:-

Any way to get the other Core to stand down ;)

Cheers

HEADRAT

That's completely normal with the stock cooler since the the core closest to the fan obviously gets the coolest air. The only way to make both cores run similar temps is to install a FC waterblock.

Here are my idle temps with a Danger Den FC waterblock.

4870x2IdleTemps.jpg

Back