4770K/GTX780/900D - lost on water components.

MYST_2

Gawd
I'm building another PC to replace my 2500K/GTX680 which doesn't need replacing but I need to retire my kids AMD/4870 blower/furnace. Damn thing heats the room like you wouldn't believe.

I haven't touched the water cooling stuff in almost a decade and a couple hours reading has me even more confused on component selection. Maybe somebody here can supply the specifics to accomplish my goals here.

4770K - 4.2GHZ+ (not really concerned with this overclock over 4.2)
GTX 780 - Overclocked to the hilt (1440p BF4)
ASUS Sabertooth Z87 (I like my current P67 sabertooth board)
Corsair 900D

The only things I want cooled are the CPU and video card. The system must have enough headroom to add another 780 to the loop. I was thinking of two 360mm/480mm radiators mounted top/bottom of the case. I want to go with a blue theme so anything that matches that is a plus. I would like things to be as quiet as possible. Any bored soul want to come up with parts list of high quality components for this build?

Last edited:
z87 sabertooths don't oc verywell from what I can tell

and sr-1 black ice radiators for quiet performance though theygo for 150 a piece

as far as gtx 780 if you want to OC make sure toget the asus DC or evga classified versions as they have much better VRM than reference which will get you those extraMHZ

I think 1 radiator is fine for your set up if you get 480 maybe even 360 with high enough fan speed

Back