• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

4670 dual display

amdownzintel

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
201
So I work at a retail store and so far now 2 ati cards have done a very weird thing and my manager is thinking of dumping the cards, but was curious if anyone else has issues like this and knows of a fix.

So first of all my manager hates ATI because he runs a game center and has for many years and he in the past has had nothing but issues with driver issues when it came to ATI so he went to Nvidia. Recently though since the 4k series from ATI he's been ordering ATI again because of the demand, but once again driver issues or card issues are making him regret it.

Lately we had a customer hook up 2 monitors and then the PC didn't post. put an Nvidia card in it worked just fine. We had the ATI card installed new windows installation, latest drivers install it with just one monitor no issues. Added a second monitor restarted, NO POST! Tried switching different slots between the DVI and VGA no go. Nothing we did worked, board had latest bios.

The pc is now gone so I can't tell you the exact model all I remember is that it was a Gigabyte Intel 775 board. My manager is now once again thinking of dumping ATI due to issues like these anyone have any suggestions incase this happens again?
 
ok so we just had a computer checked in with this same problem again. The video card is ATI 4350 from Gigabyte.

The motherboard is Gigabyte ga-g31m-es2l

Just reinstalled windows Media Center with 1 monitor hooked up no issues. Did all windows updates + driver updates and now went to do the dual display it works when I'm in windows no issues, then restarted the machine and now it won't even post.

I just started working on the issue so I'll keep you updated on what I find I will though try it on an AMD based board to see if it works there.

Any suggestions?
 
Alright sent gigabyte an email and I've put the GPU in another machine, this time AMD based just incase and it still does the same thing.

Obviously its the GPU so I guess we'll just stop carrying this series if we have issues with other ATI cards doing this maybe we'll just stop carrying ATI and go back to Nvidia again.

I'm a big fan of ATI, but this really is dumb.

1 monitor = everything works
2 monitors = PC won't post

= profit?

wait no we get pissed off customers because ATI didn't double check their shit
 
If the system has a second PCI-E slot try that, if you guys have another card try a different one.

So right now there is no video on post, and only when the driver loads?

There doesn't seem to be other reports of this issue?
 
actually there are other people with the issue if you go on newegg a few people have the exact same issue that we are having. Also its not driver based at all.

The machine once 2 monitors plugged in will NOT post. So no beep, no screen, no bios, no nothing. The machine isn't SLI so couldn't put it in another PCI-E slot on that board, but tried it on 3 different boards, still all same issues.

Its obvious that it's the card, it just seems very weird to me that a card could do this.
 
Back
Top