460GTX GPU3 F@H 260.63 Beta drivers running at half clock.

Turducken

n00b
Hey guys, I'm new to F@H and have been running GPU3 on my GTX460 for about a week. I just upgraded to the new 260.63 Betas yesterday and noticed that I'm running at 99% GPU usage but only running at 405Mhz Core / 810Mhz shader.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Using the beta drivers is never recommended and very frowned upon by Pande Group. There have been cases in the past where a large amount of results had to be thrown out due to corruption caused by people running beta drivers.

maybe pande group should ACTUALLY SAY THAT.. see this is why i cant stand pande group..

as far as the problem it looks like its stuck in 2D mode but not sure why unless the drivers crashed.. easy way to test is to load a game up and see if it goes into full 3D clocks..

I just installed a GTS 450, which requires 260.63 and I have a different issue...

The thing will not run at 99-100% like the 9600 GSO I also have in that PC, but closer to 55-65%. I'm using a piddly Sempron 140, but I don't think it's the CPU's fault. On the GTS 450's client, fahcore_15 doesn't even use up any CPU. In fact the entire computer is basically idle. Even when I start up the 9600 GSO, its fahcore_11 only uses 5-10% CPU.

The client is crunching a 611 point "10632." AFAIK it's configured correctly... I've set the client priority to low, set the CPU usage to 100%, tried -forcegpu nvidia_fermi and -advmethods, etc.

Have I forgotten something?

A 450 should not require 260.63 beta drivers.

Those are the only drivers listed when I select GTS 450 from the dropdown menu. Another weird thing is the GPU usage goes up if I underclock the CPU, and down if I overclock it.

maybe pande group should ACTUALLY SAY THAT.. see this is why i cant stand pande group..
In situations like this, sometimes you just need a little bit of common sense. If you can't figure out that beta drivers are not the best idea to use for performing calculations that are very sensitive to errors, then you need to use your brain a little more instead of blaming other people. If you were working in a professional environment and using CAD or 3D rendering software, would you install beta drivers and use them to perform your work?

Dropped fahcore_15.exe to XP compatibility mode seems to have kicked it up to 99% GPU usage. Never had to do that with anything else...

Back