45min Doom3 Gameplay FPS (9800Pro)

Andrew87

Limp Gawd
I was playing Doom3 (great game by the way :D) and had Fraps running, with the overlay on my screen which shows you your FPS and I had it set to log all the details to a file.

I had background processes running such as MSN Messenger, Avast Antivirus, Sygate Personal Firewall etc - so maybe I could have got 'slightly' better performance if I had shut them all down (to be honest I had a lot more open, DVD Genie, Net Limiter, Wincinema Manager and quite a bit more).

Anyway I'm running Windows XP SP2 Beta 2162 (includes DirectX 9.0c), all the latest drivers for my hardware and I installed Doom3 today. I really need to defrag my pc I think, could have gained more performance from that too.

Anyway, I played the game at 1152x768 at Medium Quality, with full eye candy and no AA/AF, here are my results:

doom3fps.jpg

Note: That sometimes the game dropped to 0fps and above 65fps but I omitted these results because they were usually to do with loading screens or me doing a quicksave etc.

System Specs:
----------------------------
Asus A7N8X Deluxe v2 (1007 Bios)
512MB Corsair XMS PC3500 Platinum (11-3-3-2)
AMD AthlonXP 2500+ (11x200)
128MB Radeon 9800 Pro (379.50/352.50 - no artifacting)

I found the game to be very playable at these settings and still enjoyed the visual experience (btw these results were taken from a 'New Game' on the medium difficulty). Highly recommened this game at 1am with the lights off and 5.1 surround sound :D.

Back