• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

450w SFX for 780ti ?

errror123

n00b
Joined
Jan 27, 2014
Messages
10
Hello all I really hope to get an honest answer to my question as I am on the edge whether or not to sell this PSU and build for a new case.

my case is the silverstone RVZ01 the latest model. powered by the Silverstone sfx 450 gold edition psu.

my gfx card is an msi nvidea 780ti gfx card. will the SFX 450 watt be able to power this card along with my i5 4670k on a msi z87 m itx motherboard with one 500gb harddrive and 16 gigs of ddr3 ram. dominator pro kind. I will be running steam 0S only for this machine.

It does say that the psu is 37 amps and the 780 ti needs 42 amps but they might be overestimating what the required amps are when its power output in watts said only around 260 watts. but it had a requirements of 600 watt psu

Please help anyone
 
You should be fine.

Thanks for your reply I did use this PSU calculator and my total estimated watt consumption was around 423 but below 440.

the only other case I would consider is the benifix phenom mini itx but i prefer the raven rvz01
 
It's truly less then 420 aswell. I'd put your full system load peak at around 390w.
 
With the stock BIOS maxing out at 106% power you should be perfectly fine. I was running a TITAN and now 780 Ti on my ST45SF-G and experienced no issues at all. If you're looking to OC your CPU into the crazy territory and install a BIOS on your 780 Ti that allows 300W+ then you're likely asking for trouble.
 
250W for GPU, 85W for CPU, and 60W (?) for others. As others said, you should be good to go.
 
I currently have a 780ti with the ST45SF-G with stock clocks on both CPU and GPU. I'm pushing the card's limits playing in 1440p with maxed settings (Black Flag, Metro, Crysis, Far Cry) and have had no issues whatsoever.

I have an Asrock Z87e-itx, 16GB ram, 4670K, 2 SSD's, 3 fans, and a pump running on this power supply in my recent NCASE M1 build. There are also individuals running the more power hungry AMD 290's as well with no issues. Since you haven't mentioned any plans for overclocking I would think that the ST45SF-G would be fine paired with your 780ti.
 
Thank you for all your replies makes me feel more at ease. DPD arrived today with the SFX psu its the version 2.0 so just gotta wait a bit longer now for the case to arrive and I will put it all together.
 
what?! how did you get this case?!? ive been waiting!
 
Thank you for all your replies makes me feel more at ease. DPD arrived today with the SFX psu its the version 2.0 so just gotta wait a bit longer now for the case to arrive and I will put it all together.

Mine's the version 2.0 as well and it sure seems nice and quiet considering all the people complaining about noise...
 
i got the rvz01 case from a german company called alternate search them on google. they deliver to the UK
 
Back
Top