• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

450VX and 285 GTX?

Koko56

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
1,342
There are a few similar threads, but I'm just asking for more opinions.


Would a 285GTX be alright with the 450VX? I ran a 260 216 and a 192 on my PSU fine, the 260 192 GTX did die though - not sure why... [or do I not want to know...?] I did have it in my computer for a few weeks though, whereas the 216SP is my dad's and has only been in for a day max at a time.

Wattage wise, there does not seem to be much, but what about the amps?
 
The VX450 can handle your system (it can reach more than 550W if needed). However, I recommend you to buy a new PSU with a higher wattage and more PCIe connectors in the near future since you are in the very limit.
 
I ran a GTX275 on a VX450w, along with a Q9550 @4.0GHz, 3 HDDs, couple of TV cards etc...
 
I ran a GTX275 on a VX450w, along with a Q9550 @4.0GHz, 3 HDDs, couple of TV cards etc...

Holy shit.

I ran it a few days ago in my system and there seemed to be some stuttering - would be fine for a few seconds, then stop for a split of a second - in games and rthdribl as well as furmark. I put it into my dad's computer with a 520HX and it seemed to be fine, though there is an odd noise - similar to coil whine in occurrence, but lower frequency and pitch.

I have his 260 216SP for now, which I would okay to keep.
 
Back
Top