4500maH, Double A Batteries, where?

Taradino

Limp Gawd
I'm looking at replacing remote batteries in my home theatre, also my digital camera (Pentax), I want to purchase 4500 or 4300 maH "AA" batteries.

Anybody know where I can get some and the charger in Canada. Thank you.

Do they seriously make them that big? I thought the highest was 2500-2700?

If im wrong, please point me as to where i can get them :eek:

EquaLiZr said:
Do they seriously make them that big? I thought the highest was 2500-2700?

If im wrong, please point me as to where i can get them :eek:

I've never heard of AA batteries of capaticy higher than 2700 mAH either....

i set myself out on a mission to find these on google in less than 5 minutes and I failed. From what I found, if you want 4500mah you need to goto C batteries.

Bill

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/index.htm
is where I get my rechargeables for digital cameras and whatnot. I've had good luck with them and it looks like they ship to Canada.

As the others have pointed out, I don't think you can get a AA 4300+ mAh battery. They have a good selection and good prices.

Yeah - I do not think there is such a thing at this time. The highest I have seen are 3000mAh rated for AA. http://stores.ebay.com/Assia-Photo-Supply

You also better make sure you have a good charger as an older charger built for 1500mAh batteries may not even be able to fully charge a super high capacity battery.

MixManSC said:
Yeah - I do not think there is such a thing at this time. The highest I have seen are 3000mAh rated for AA. http://stores.ebay.com/Assia-Photo-Supply

You also better make sure you have a good charger as an older charger built for 1500mAh batteries may not even be able to fully charge a super high capacity battery.

:eek: I didn't think of that. Here I am cussing my camera out for running out of batteries on me so quickly when its very possible that my 2500mah batteries aren't fully charged... Any idea as to how to determine if a charger can fully charge higher capacity batteries versus a older charger?

Eh, I guess I fried the cells then. Reports 1.3volts but the lense doesn't even come out of the camera.

Only just remembered this:
I have to plug my changer directly into a wall socket rather than an extension otherwise the batteries hardly last in my camera as well.
Plugging straight into the wall socket immediately solved my problem.
I use the cooker socket in the kitchen :D

Some camera wont take rechargeable batteries..

My Canon IS1 wont even start with 4x 1.3v battery. But it worked fine on my Canon A40 because it had enough voltage. The voltage requiemnt on my IS1 is too high for the batteries.

iirc, rechargeable batteries do not have near the voltage that disposable ones do. and also disposable can maintain a higher charge longer than say a rechargeable one. iirc, rechargeable drop there voltage after a certain percentage drained, whereas disposable don't drop voltage it just diminishes after time, or vice-verse, I can't remember,,,ill go look it up ;)

How fast the battery discharges depends on the battery type and intended use.
NiMH batteries are known to last longer than non rechargable for electronic use like cameras.
The voltage difference between rechargable and non rechargable batteries is around 20%.

If the camera etc cannot take the lower voltage of rechargable batteries that is unfortunate.
I would protest with the company that makes the device.

Viper16 said:
iirc, rechargeable batteries do not have near the voltage that disposable ones do. and also disposable can maintain a higher charge longer than say a rechargeable one. iirc, rechargeable drop there voltage after a certain percentage drained, whereas disposable don't drop voltage it just diminishes after time, or vice-verse, I can't remember,,,ill go look it up ;)

That is not true. Alkaline batteries start at 1.6v and drop like a rock. NiMh batteries start at 1.4v and then stay at 1.2v throughout their life, dropping below 1v only at the very end. Alkaline batteries go below 1.2v before they're even half empty.

Also, any AA battery you see labeled higher than 2700mah is a baldface lie. That includes 99% of the "name brand" batteries that are on ebay. They are counterfeits. Usually relabeled 1600mah batteries.

i like the energizer batteries... i use them for everything 2700 and 2500 they last a good while... and you can pick up the 15 minute charger... which is kinda a gimick... it only charges to 80% in 15 minutes... its like 25-30 to get to 100% but even at 80% they are pretty good

Back