441.66 nvidia driver

Psycrow

Gawd
I just updated my Nvidia drivers to 441.66 and i have a old lcd monitor until i get a new monitor.
But after this update it looks like everything is to bright. I tryed to adjust brightness on the monitor and gama in controle panel but it still looks to bright..adjusting colours just messes up the correct look.

What happend at Nvidia ?

Things are to bright/light now

I just updated my Nvidia drivers to 441.66 and i have a old lcd monitor until i get a new monitor.
But after this update it looks like everything is to bright. I tryed to adjust brightness on the monitor and gama in controle panel but it still looks to bright..adjusting colours just messes up the correct look.

What happend at Nvidia ?

Things are to bright/light now

Download DDU, extract to your desktop. Reboot into Safe Mode. Uninstall all Nvidia software. Reboot back to Safe Mode. Run DDU. Reboot back to normal. Reinstall latest Nvidia drivers.

Let us know how it goes!

ok trying it..allready in safemode i see the difference..it looks normal coloured compared to this bright shit nvidia made..uninstalling now and downloading DDU

It helped a bit..it still looks a littel brighter than usual. In safe mode i could see the colour black was black indeed. The colours looked right. But as soon the monitor resfresh and nvidia auto installs 433 version then i see the difference in that black colour
being a bit brighter..also in game text looks brighter ect the chat in wow looks more pale than this skin colour they use.

Make sure the driver is using Nvidia default color profiles and nothing else, and make sure you set your monitor back to default as well. Might also take some screenshots as well as cellphone shots of the difference to help troubleshooting.

Ye ok..i used my own settings in nvidia controle panel..i adjusted brightness and gamma and contrast to it fits me..never had to do that before, but this time nvidia thunk brightness is the new thing that looks cool.

If i choose to us Nvidia default then it switches dynamic area to limit. So i must use user settings and choose 8 bpc full dynamic area..why does it switch back to limit on nvidia settings ?

I worked it out,,the dynamic area was set to limit from full under ress. Now things looks normal
A long time back, every single time I installed a new driver it would reset RGB to limited.
But I almost always retain current settings when installing a new driver these days and dont have this issue now.

Perhaps you did a full reset when installing this driver which set it to RGB limited.

Yes i used DDO so its a new install....do i need to reinstall the drivers again to fix it ? or just wait for next update drivers ?

Back