430.64 driver missing nvcpl function

Venturi

Limp Gawd
So

after installing this driver, the nvcpl is blank except for one line "manage cpu utilization"
(I did a backup before I embarked on this driver).
METHOD and FINDINGS:

process-
removed 425.42 using nvidia uninstaller, reboot
ran DDU, let it remove anything left behind by nvidia uninstaller
installed regular (non DCH) nvidia 430.64 driver

RESULT:

no option in nvcpl other than "manage GPU utilization

nv-Control-Panel-Error.jpg

CONCLUSION:
As the other prior drivers have not manifested this behavior AND the fact that in this forum thread alone there are several versions of the same issue - the nvcpl driver issue is at least related to the 430xx series as well or more specifically related to this driver. While it does not affect ALL users and ALL hardware configurations, there is enough anomalies both in my testing and in other users reported issues on the 430 driver series that it would be REASONABLE to say that this driver has some nvcpl bugs. The release of the ineffective hot fix driver is also testament to the issues.

***the issue manifests when the microsoft store is disabled on a PC (of mine). Nvidia may be running analytics through the microsoft store.

( I've deleted the windows store downloads folder, I have run wsreset.exe, I ran DDU, and I manually did the whole nvidia driver uninstall process, I've looked through the registry for anything I could spot, but obviously its something not usual).

It is also of note that nvidia did change several telemetry, container, ms store, and reporting systems in this driver.

Reverting to prior 425.42, 421xx, 419xx, and 416.30 did not manifest (in my particular situation) this nvcpl anomaly. 425.42 and below did not manifest this issue in my configuration.

I did submit an nVidia support driver feeback ticket (which may be ignored by them).

when reverting to any prior (prior to 430) the nvcpl panel is normal:

42542.jpg

I installed the 430.xx drivers on my wife's computer (e5-2699 v4m 256gb ram, 4x sli Titan XP) and got exactly the same scenario. On that computer I also have microsoft store set to off. Reverting to 425.42 seemed to solve that issue.

A small rant:
I am not sure why the dch driver exists. I don't understand the sorry state of DX12, and mGPU (the only ever true functional mGPU release was Ashes of the Singularity DX12 and Strange Brigade for Vulkan). I am bewildered that there isn't an OPT OUT on telemetry for the nvidia drivers. I am puzzled why a video driver is bloated past 500MBs. I am disappointed in DLSS and I am despondent on the Ray Tracing debacle.

Last edited:
Not having issues here, but I don't have 3x Titans either and I don't know how to turn off Windows Store but assume its on by default, for that matter, I have not done a clean install of Nvidia drivers for the last 5 itterations in spite of experiencing CPU issues with the last WHQL.driver.
Yxy8NZ.png

BTW Love the rant Nvidia has been passing on to us half baked stuff for 15+ years sad fact it rarely gets fully baked

Not having issues here, but I don't have 3x Titans either and I don't know how to turn off Windows Store but assume its on by default, for that matter, I have not done a clean install of Nvidia drivers for the last 5 itterations in spite of experiencing CPU issues with the last WHQL.driver.
View attachment 161633

BTW Love the rant Nvidia has been passing on to us half baked stuff for 15+ years sad fact it rarely gets fully baked

Thank you. It is related to those folks that don't use the MS store. The MS store cause huge issues with some of my work software so I have to turn it off. Plus, I don't think Microsoft should be copied on all my apps and usage.

On your high CPU usage issue:

don't know if this helps you, but the high cpu usage is from embedding telemetry in the nv container. The prior driver 425.11 hot fix solved that issue, but it was reintroduced right afterwards in the next driver release. The 425.11 hotfix is the better performing driver.

in 430.xx they moved analytics into the Microsoft store with no way to opt out either.

Their better drivers in past 7 months are:

their worse driver list is (alrighty then, take Ace Ventura deep breath)
all the rest....

Install the Standard driver instead of the DCH driver. The DCH driver requires you get the control panel from the Microsoft Store.

Sorry, didn't see that you tried that. I had read that NVIDIA will be retiring the Standard driver at some point next year and go all-in on Microsoft's stupid DCH driver model. This may be a side effect of that.

Install the Standard driver instead of the DCH driver. The DCH driver requires you get the control panel from the Microsoft Store.

Sorry, didn't see that you tried that. I had read that NVIDIA will be retiring the Standard driver at some point next year and go all-in on Microsoft's stupid DCH driver model. This may be a side effect of that.

....Well, that would kill the enthusiasm of many people even further....

I run the DCH drivers with no problem and it's as easy as using the standard driver. I don't see what the problem is.

Does not the Microsoft store require an account? So ultimately I will be forced to use the MS store?

Does not the Microsoft store require an account? So ultimately I will be forced to use the MS store?
You can download free apps from the Microsoft Store using a local account, but the DCH model ultimately means you would have to use it. Technically, you don't need to get the control panel, but it would effectively mean only using half a video card.

You can download free apps from the Microsoft Store using a local account, but the DCH model ultimately means you would have to use it. Technically, you don't need to get the control panel, but it would effectively mean only using half a video card.

Sorry, this thread and the issue is on the STANDARD driver, that's why the ms store is a problem. If this was a DCH discussion, then of course you need ms store.

The issue is the standard driver is causing the problem

Back