• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

42C too hot for SATA?

mattthemodder

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 16, 2003
Messages
233
Just installed my SATA harddrive. Before I clean up the case and cables, should I consider a fan behind the harddrive?
 
mattthemodder said:
Just installed my SATA harddrive. Before I clean up the case and cables, should I consider a fan behind the harddrive?

Are you getting those temps from a program like Speedfan or with a thermal sensor placed somewhere on the drive?
 
- Question: Are you getting those temps from a program like Speedfan or with a thermal sensor placed somewhere on the drive?

- Answer: Yeah

Umm.....k..... :p
 
lol.. um... that was an either or question, not a yes or no question.
 
K, so it does make sense and it's not just me. :p

jk bro...I'll wait on your response...just messin' with ya. :D
 
The speedfan SMART thingy says 42C so I assume its 42C

Also, anyone know a good utility to change noise/performance thingy on Maxtor SATA Drives?
 
ATI tool has acoustic adjustment built in, completely random but it does. GL HF
 
well, it should be fine up to 65c ? but anyways..mines were that hot when I ran both right on top of each other...llike 4Xish too....I just slapped it next to the instake fans..now 22c :)
 
mattthemodder said:
The speedfan SMART thingy says 42C so I assume its 42C

Also, anyone know a good utility to change noise/performance thingy on Maxtor SATA Drives?

There are a couple places on teh bottom of the drive that get at least 10C hotter then what SpeedFan is going to report...42C isn't the true temperature...but if we're comparing S.M.A.R.T. reading then it is a little high. With my two front intakes on my Lian-Li my Maxtor 80GB SATA is 26C...20'ish room temps.
 
Back
Top