4200+ Manchester OC

losboricua

n00b
Well i have try to over clock my last cpu(3000+ venice) but didnt have much luck. I have try to over clock my new 4200+ manchester and havent had any sucess on over clockin stable at all. here are my specs
Asus A8n-SLI Premium MB
AMD 4200+ X2 Manchester s939
Corsair XMS 2x512mb TWINX1024-3200LL at 2-2-2-6
Seagate 500GB HD brand new
Artic Silver 5
Thermalright s90 Heatsink with a 92mm panaflo fan
Heatsink has been lapped(2 years ago)
Right now the computer is running stable at 2.45ghz at 34*c, mult 11x and FSD at 220.
Any tips an tricks on changing the timming or the Hyper thermal setting, etc????
P.s. I also downloaded the lasted Bios for my motherboard

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say it might be your RAM holding you back. Try looser latency settings (for example 7-3-3-2.5). With PC3200 your not looking at a very high RAM OC unless you were blessed with high quality chips.

I will try that when i get home from work and school tonight. A Toledo 4200 would overclock better than a Manchester? I technically bought a toledo from newegg and I installed it friday but i went to see my GF so i was not able to mess with it till last night. If a toledo OC better than a Manchester I will def be emailing newegg

I will try that when i get home from work and school tonight. A Toledo 4200 would overclock better than a Manchester? I technically bought a toledo from newegg and I installed it friday but i went to see my GF so i was not able to mess with it till last night. If a toledo OC better than a Manchester I will def be emailing newegg

Toledo = 2x1mb cache chips, since its a 4200+, it had half its cache disabled, regardless of the fact if it worked or not. Manchesters are ones where only 512kB L2 is built onto the chip.

As has been said, loosen your memory timings a bit, if those are TCCD chips like I think they are, you can get some pretty sick frequency's out of them. Id say first try 2.5-3-3-8, then 2.5-4-4-8 then 3-4-4-8 (you may not need to relax them that much if your memory is up to it).

After that, the next problem will prob be your cpu getting to hot, if your pushing the voltage above 1.4v, you may want to get a better heatsink, yours isn't bad but it could be better.

I have a 4200+ oc'd rig in my sig, it is pretty good overclocker, I think this power supply is showing its age however.

will it make a dif if i get newegg to send me a toledo? i know about the half cache disable but i want to get some decent over clocking.

well after a while and some mayor complaining i was able to get an advance replacement from Newegg. I can afford not having a computer because i bring some work home and i have school work too. Never ever had a problem with newegg and i have over well over $5k from them too and they where giving a super hard time. So I'm getting a Toledo like i should of the first time

Oh and i Had the heatsink model wrong. My Heatsink is Thermalright XP-90c
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835109122

Back