4200+ @ 2.8GHz 1.4v...is this right??

well damm thats pretty good i got a x2 [email protected]. cant seem to go any higher but i blame it on my memory 1g stick mixed with a 512. im replacing the 512 with a 1gb stick and see if thats whats holding my overclock back. Nice overclock wish i was up at 2.8 speacialy with 1.4 volts

Is it right? Is it prime stable? Then it's right. 1.5-1.6V is wayyyy too high for a meager overclock like that.

Yup, prime stable. My idle was at 37 last night, now that the room has gotten a bit more normal temperature, I'm down to 35! I'm honestly scared to see how far this could go. :cool:

My Brisbane 4400+ is at 2.8GHz Orthos stable with stock voltage 1.325v (IIRC). The motherboard it's on can only bump the voltage by 0.05v at most and it's just a secondary desktop. I would have liked 3GHz but this is fine. A 7% higher clock speed isn't going to make much of a difference anyways.

Your question makes me curious about how accurate CPUZ is also.
Here is my validation for my chip.
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=194933

This chip is on water cooling, but CPUZ is showing either 1.35 or 1.61 volts while under a load. In the Bios I have the the voltage adjusted to +10%. For some reason CPUZ isn't showing a voltage when the processor is validated though.

Back