42" Westy TX-42F430S 1080p set (refurb) $855 shipped (eCost)

I try to stay away from refurb'd LCD screens. Chances are you're getting a panel that works fine but was returned by someone else because of a bad pixel or three.

Wh, I posted the 47" Westy from ECost a couple weeks ago (it was $1060 shipped to my door).

Sorry for the lukewarm welcome, it's a lot kinder than the one I received though. The 47" looks good despite the naysayers....

I have I think this model and have another relative with a 32" - the worst things about these are first the contrast ratio. Second, whenever something fades to a black screen, at certain angles you can still see where the last image was at. On dark scenes, occasionally you'll see a stuck part of a previous scene until that area of the screen updates with other detail. Disabling dynamic contrast doesn't fix this.

Other than that, I have one stuck green pixel at the bottom right that I can't see without looking for it when within 3 feet of the screen. Further and I know its there but I can't see it. I'm on my second set as the first one came with a huge defective splotch on the screen that looked like dirt on the backlight diffuser - it was like 3x4 pixels in size and quite noticeable. Second set works perfect. Picked it up last December for $889 from BB.

I really need a 50-52" though as my front sound stage dwarfs the lcd.

I have been running this model since last Aug and yet to have had a problem with it, I got mine at BB but I did pay for the service contract on it for 3 years so if something does go wrong I won't have to worry. I use it as my gaming monitor and it works well.:)

Back