42"Plasma vs 32"LCD

videogamer323

Limp Gawd
Panasonic 42" VIERA Plasma HDTV - TH-42PZ85U - $1050.22
or
Panasonic 32" VIERA LCD HDTV - TC-32LZ800 - $842.97
or... other suggestions

Hmmm I'm stumped... I can get both of them for about the same price, the 42" being slightly more. Both are a little salty, but I know you gotta pay to play. I don't know if i want to use it as a main monitor yet as I will have to test it etc, but I want a nice TV for console/movies as a priority since I currently have a 2405FPW that is usable for now. I also might be replacing that in the future once I get some more money together. Let me know what you think or what else you want to know.

Thanks

As many have argued before, I will take quality over size.

I stopped out at CC to check out the 42", well they only had the 46" in stock (same model just 4inches bigger). They had it hooked up directly to a blue ray player (which was not shared with any other TVs) and the video looked grainy as hell... I was like wtf. Also I noticed the downfall of Plasma, double image at slight angle (close up). Since I will be about 4 feet away when using my computer to watch TV, this pretty much shot that down because normal veiwing distance/angle is slightly behing me and about 10feet back for movies. As I was about to walk out of CC I noticed the movie had gone back to the blue ray screen so I went over and took a look. It was CRYSTAL clear and no grain that I could detect even from about a foot away. Does this have to do with poor support for HD content or something. Would that have anything to do with P24? I am a noob when it comes to HDTV specs.

Back