• The Division
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • The Evil Within
  • The Order 1886
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Thief
  • Watch Dogs
(might have missed some!)

Kingdom Hearts 3, Mirror's Edge 2, and Final Fantasy XV too, but are still TBA release dates so maybe 2015 games.

Some I'm getting for the PC, but some good games are coming for PC/PS4/XB1. Give that new PS4 some good use. I think this year would be a good time to buy one if you haven't already. Also PS Now.

no sequel to read dead redemption....BOOO!!!

... just give it time. Just thinking of a next-gen open-world western gets me wet. lol.

I'm definitely looking forward to The Evil Within. Been needing a good survival-horror game, and this looks like it has incorporated some of the greatest survival-horror elements from others games to keep it interesting and fresh. Everything i've seen so far looks great.

Oh, and don't forget about Outlast. Can't wait to play that on PS4.

My most-anticipated titles of the year is definitely The Division. I can't WAIT for that game. Looks amazing along with the gameplay and world setting. Reminded me of a snow-covered I Am Legend.

Also a very close second has to be MGS: GZ. I really hope it doesn't end up being too short. I know it's supposed to be a small taste of what'd to come in MGS5, but I just keep remembering Grand Turismo 5: Prologue and how incredibly limited it was to where I only played it maybe 2 or 3 times.

I have never played a Metal Gear Solid game. I haven't had a Playstation since the PS1. I think have a spinoff one for the PSP, but it was so hard to play control wise that I didn't get very far in it.

Speaking of Grand Turismo; I hope they redo GT6 for the PS4.

Hence why I said, "some good games coming to PC/PS4/XB1." I have a PS4, and that's what the video was titled too. So, put it all together. :p

Blasphemy. Other than Resident Evil, that is my favorite franchise of all time.

I find MG games too Japanified for my tastes, akin to manga, for lack of a good description. The plotlines are just really hokey and the dialog often cring-worthy a la Tetsuo! Huh!!!?

Takes all kinds though, I guess.

I like how they call it games of 2014 and show games that won't be out this year, most likely won't be out this year, and don't even have a vague "2014" release date. Great 2014 game showcase there IGN, you couldn't just stick to confirmed 2014 titles?

I find MG games too Japanified for my tastes, akin to manga, for lack of a good description. The plotlines are just really hokey and the dialog often cring-worthy a la Tetsuo! Huh!!!?

The plot of MGS is crazy nonsense, but really most long running story-based games turn into crazy nonsense (Assassin's Creed is a great example of this).

Well I wouldn't pass it up just yet. IGN even said it’s the best “Splinter Cell” game they ever played. As a MGS fan I was dishearten to hear. I’m sure it will be a good game but not sure if it will feel like a true MGS sequel.

I heard the new thief game is shit

Now this is the game I'm waiting for, although I may get it on PC depending on the control scheme and graphics edge over PS4. Unfortunate they replaced the original voice actor for Garret (which is one of the best piece of voice work in gaming, IMO), but I'm hopeful the new one does a good job.

My only hope is they don't give the game stupid pills like they did, in a sense, with Deadly Shadows. And they need to make it dark with Blood Meridian levels of violence and carnage.

Last edited:
Now this is the game I'm waiting for, although I may get it on PC depending on the control scheme and graphics edge over PS4. Unfortunate they replaced the original voice actor for Garret (which is one of the best piece of voice work in gaming, IMO), but I'm hopeful the new one does a good job.

My only hope is they don't give the game stupid pills like they did, in a sense, with Deadly Shadows. And they need to make it dark with Blood Meridian levels of violence and carnage.

There is absolutely nothing about the new Thief that looks good. It's well known that the game has had a troubled development history, one of the head people on the game quit the studio due to SE's lack of direction and poor management on the game, and they were making major changes to the game at a time when the game should be in a QA phase. The developers thought that a Thief game needed QTEs and RPG leveling mechanics even though the game takes place after Deadly Shadows. Those elements were stripped out only recently and there is no way in hell that they have time to rework the entire game to account for them being gone which means where the QTEs were there will be a bunch of canned animations and the whole progression of the game is likely going to be screwed as they never planned for the player to have all of the abilities from the get go. Oh and that story trailer they showed at VGX...So terrible.

MGS is all I'm waiting for and that new GTA alike game but instead you go around hacking systems.

Say what?

I did not do this is myself. :p These are all (well at least most of them) the games coming out for the PS4 in 2014.

ps4-games-list-2014.jpg

Back