• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

41 degrees on x2 4200?

erf

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
1,848
is this normal? 41 C? this is with no load and a zalman 7700cu. im also curious, i set my comp up last night and haven't shut it off yet. is there some kind of cycle i need to run my processor/heatsink/thermal paste through?
 
I have the 3800x2 and idle around 31-35 (though I just put on the AS5, it should drop 2-5C when the thermal paste finally sets in). 41 seems a bit high, how high is the ambient temp?
 
Enigmarogue said:
I have the 3800x2 and idle around 31-35 (though I just put on the AS5, it should drop 2-5C when the thermal paste finally sets in). 41 seems a bit high, how high is the ambient temp?
im not sure how to check the ambient temp...the sys1 and sys 2 temps are lower...both are under 40. i just enabled smart fan. man my cpu is idling at 43 now...well i DID just play some far cry so maybe that affected it.
 
You must remember that not every single motherboard reads out the exact same temps... For example, you could put that procesor in a DFI Lanparty and get your 41*. Then You could put that chip in a Asus a8n and get about 33*.

Even if that was exactly the right tempeture, it's really not all that high for stock heatsinks, and I don't know how effective the aftermarket zalman heatsink is.....
 
Yeah, the motherboard model depends because the temperature sensor could be off.

The Zalman line of heatsink's aren't the best tbh. Thermalright kicks their arses ;).

It's all in the heatpipes man :).
 
Dont know why nobody gave this guy the right advise. Dude its most likely idling that high because you are supplying to much voltage. Check your bios and see what you have it set to. I'm not 100% postive on that chip but if you are running stock speeds it should be in the area of 1.35v. BTW Robberbaron just got that heatsink two days ago to replace a XP-120. Only difference in my testing so far is about 2 deg cooler under full load and it is a shit ton quiter than the 120mm fan I had on my XP-120.
 
snoops said:
Dont know why nobody gave this guy the right advise. Dude its most likely idling that high because you are supplying to much voltage. Check your bios and see what you have it set to. I'm not 100% postive on that chip but if you are running stock speeds it should be in the area of 1.35v. BTW Robberbaron just got that heatsink two days ago to replace a XP-120. Only difference in my testing so far is about 2 deg cooler under full load and it is a shit ton quiter than the 120mm fan I had on my XP-120.
damn, thanks. i'll check it out as soon as i get windows re-installed.
 
2 degrees... for a $70 heatsink. I think I'll just save up for an H2O-Apex, haha.
XP90C on my main rig, with a 4200+, and it folds on two cores at 38C.
 
robberbaron said:
2 degrees... for a $70 heatsink. I think I'll just save up for an H2O-Apex, haha.
XP90C on my main rig, with a 4200+, and it folds on two cores at 38C.
at least it looks cool. :rolleyes: my temps are pretty much stable i guess but i was expecting different.

idle 40-41C, load after 3d 05 47-49C..... :confused: how do i turn my fan speed up all the way? do i do this in bios...speed fan will not recognize my fan for some odd reason....speedfan also always shows 40C on my cpu temp no matter what i'm doing.
 
Dont the Zalmans come with that little black box with a knob on it? I'd imagine that is what you'd use.
 
Back
Top