• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

40nm yields getting better?

we can only hope and dream, but I personally will wait till nVidia releases their cards so the prices will drop.
 
they were supposed to have. rumor has it that Nvidia is working overtime for to get theirs going so I think its true or they would not be dumping the money for it
 
What I read is that the R740, the 4770 was a 'pipe cleaner' design, so when the actual next gen went 40nm, it would be ready, and they would know what to expect, and what tweaks may of been needed.
 
It seems to take the manufacturers about 6-8 months to hammer out new die sizes to where they can get a good yield.
 
this is very good news, I was really hoping to not have a very limited quantity of the new 58xx cards available... but it still might not help the gouging that we may see, no offerings from the green team means hittem hard while you can.
 
Back
Top