$400-Need 4 bookshelf

Oh well i thought he said he was going to be doing 7.1 but maybe hes not.Yeah that would be better since he wouldnt need to buy more cables.Even though monoprice also has some very nice quality rca cables.Me and my brother replaced some in his car system and it actually made the bass tighter with more impact than before.
 
Since it does DDL it will encode the direct sound signal into a digital one and pass it over the optical connection. With my ht-omega striker thats how it worked and it worked in pretty much every game i tried.
 
If you're using the receiver you just showed I would go with 2 sets of Polk Monitor 40's. You should be able to find them online. Polk just discontinued the series so I got them for a steal (150 for 2).
 
Since it does DDL it will encode the direct sound signal into a digital one and pass it over the optical connection. With my ht-omega striker thats how it worked and it worked in pretty much every game i tried.

Oh well i didnt know that.I have the striker to so i will have to try that.

(edit) Yeah that works great.So all you will need is either a coaxial or optical cable.That will work better since receivers usually have a better dac than sound cards do.
 
Yeah, you could really buy like a $50 receiver used and do what you need.

I have an old kenwood that i used if you are interested (i just have two bookshelfs now).
 
Ok guys, here's what I ended up with:

Harman Kardon HK AVR 247 http://www.harmankardon.com/product_detail.aspx?cat=REC&prod=AVR 247&sType=

Front and center http://www.thespeakercompany.com/LCR3-P-Series-Home-Theater-Front-Speakers-P41C6.aspx

Rear http://www.thespeakercompany.com/P6-PR-65-2-way-Bookshelf-Speaker-Pair-P37C6.aspx

To all that gave me recommendations, I appreciate all of your help, patience and information, and most importantly, nobody flamed the flesh off my arse for so many questions.

As long as this is a nice upgrade from the Z5500's, that's all I really care about.

This cost me a little over four bills, so I did alright with all your help.

Now, I just have to get some speaker stands that aren't going to break the bank and a 10' self powered sub.

Thanks again guys for all of your help.

Josh
 
If you can find them, I would recommend the Mission m7 speakers. Very small, very big sound for the size, and they have a matching center channel. I bought a pair for $90 and they surprised the heck out of me.

They seem to be out of production, but Audiogon might have some if you don't mind used and out of production. :)

Sphere may have made his decision, but anyone else looking to make up their mind might appreciate the suggestion. *shrug*
 
Back
Top