~$400, capable of 1080p display recommendation

axeae

n00b
I'm looking for a recommendation for a monitor that's approximately $400, and will be suitable for watching movies from a PC and playing games on with an X360. It'll also need to be decent for basic desktop computer usage, but no serious graphics editing or anything like that. I figured putting $400 into a 22-23" monitor will get me further than if I buy a 24", but I'm open any 21-24" suggestion

I'll be replacing a Samsung 215TW that's on it's way out. I've been looking at the NEC EA231WMI, but it seems to be geared towards other applicaitons than those I'll be doing.

Thanks!

Last edited:
You could get a 32" 1080p TV and use it as a monitor, that's what I did and I love it. It's great for gaming and the size is perfect!

I'm sitting pretty close to where the monitor would be, so i was aiming more for 22-24." I probably should rephrase the original post.

Not trying to push any specific setup, but just as a FYI I went from a 24" to this 32" TV and I still sit roughly 2 feet from the display. So the larger size is still good for sitting close, I much prefer it to my old 24". Just throwing it out there.

Not trying to push any specific setup, but just as a FYI I went from a 24" to this 32" TV and I still sit roughly 2 feet from the display. So the larger size is still good for sitting close, I much prefer it to my old 24". Just throwing it out there.

I don't think it's for me, thanks though. I much prefer the higher pixel density of the 22-24" monitors.

go big screen once you go big you never go back i had a old Sony 40 1080p and now i have a 42in Panasonic s1 plasma and i love it, the text is sharp, games look dam good movies look dam good, every thing is really good and i sit about 2-3ft away. and i only played 650 for it

go big screen once you go big you never go back i had a old Sony 40 1080p and now i have a 42in Panasonic s1 plasma and i love it, the text is sharp, games look dam good movies look dam good, every thing is really good and i sit about 2-3ft away. and i only played 650 for it

I have tried a 32" screen 2.5 to 3 feet from me and it was way to close for me personally. I hope 3x27" eyefinity/surround won't be overbearing down the road :p.

I agree.. if you're sitting close to a big screen sometimes it can be overwhelming. However some people really like it.

I definately recommend you to consider looking at BenQ's V2420H. It's a LED backlit monitor with an extremely thin design. It is Full HD 1080p and is quite bright. It has HDMI, DVI, and D-sub. The monitor can also be used for gaming as it has standard 5ms response speed, so ghosting will not be an issue.

lol why would you get a 27" display for 1920x1080 if you're two feet away from the screen?

NEC ea231wmi.

Back