$400 bucks ! what do i get ?

RealMentalCase

Limp Gawd
either one is a fine choice , just remember you probably wont be keeping the card for life so dont buy into that stupidity

depends, bfg has lifetime warranty and stock overclock, evga is just a reliable brand and nothing else really going for it

eVGA cards now have a 2 year warranty (cards purchased after 1/1/05, registering the card gets the additional year.
Plus eVGA has the step-up program.

So if you bought the 6800 today @ $388 you could use it for under 90 days and trade up to an Ultra for $112 + shipping.

Either one is a good option.

Oh , and another reason to go eVGA is because they make Nvidia's reference cards as well as Dell's cards....AKA are the largest Nvidia card producer in the world.

They have a reputation to keep.

Still though , you cant go wrong with BFG either. :)

BFG or eVGA, both great choices. Personally if I had that amount of money I would go BFG, but that's just me.

I've got an eVGA PCI-Express 6800GT and I love it. It's badass. Still BFG isn't a bad choice. I wouldn't buy into the warranty hype. Past 2 or 3 years it won't matter anyway. If your a gamer you won't still be using it.

In my opinion the real reason to go with BFG over the eVGA card is the stock 20MHz overclock. I personally don't like the BFG cooling solution. I'd rather have the reference cooler.

Of course either way I'd put an NV5 Silencer on it. So it doesn't really matter. The eVGA is slightly cheaper, and the BFG is slightly faster. There are your real differences.

Just remember that the 20MHz overclock is easy to do yourself on the eVGA card.

BFG you will probaly use this card for alot longer then 1 or 2 years you buy now even if u replace it with a new card in a few years I doubt u are gonan throw the 6800GT away probaly use it in a 2nd pc and if it ever breaks u turn it in BFG sends you a replacement that will be better then the 6800GT since it wont be around in a few years.

FYI theEVGA cards come with the same overclock ,at least my Ultra did. They just did not advertise it

I would get the BFG Technologies GeForce 6800 GT OC. It looks like a sweet card. I have the BFG 6800 OC and enjoy it.

I have the BFG... definitely go for the eVGA. BFG sent me a card that didn't even run correctly at the OCed frequency... I know because I turned it down and it worked fine. I lost respect for BFG when they told me on the phone that underclocking it had voided my warranty. (I got a replacement anyway.)

i'd go BFG. Simple reason -> lifetime warranty. Sure you're not keeping that card for life, but when it comes to reselling it, a card under lifetime warranty vs a card with NO/2 month warranty, lets see which one the potential buyer would take...

Clownboat said:
I have the BFG... definitely go for the eVGA. BFG sent me a card that didn't even run correctly at the OCed frequency... I know because I turned it down and it worked fine. I lost respect for BFG when they told me on the phone that underclocking it had voided my warranty. (I got a replacement anyway.)

and what about the replacement that you received? You left that part out

BFG has local customer service reps too. I know this from personally having to RMA a card through them. The RMA was also very quick. I sent my card to them on monday and received my new card on friday the same week. I will always give BFG preference because of their great customer service.

ozzyblood said:
and what about the replacement that you received? You left that part out
Yea. Every company has bad parts now and then. I know I got one. Saying you're not going to buy a card from a company ever again because you got a lemon is pretty dumb IMHO.

If you plan on voiding the warranty (i.e. modified cooling, OCing), get the eVGA 6800GT. They OC better than BFG.

If you plan on leaving the card stock, get the BFG b/c of the better warranty.

Thanks everyone for letting me know what you think of these two cards :)

I'm gonna go with the BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC Graphics Card !!! :D

I'm gonna go to BestBuy and pick one up and what makes it really sweet is
that i just found a BestBuy gift card for $25 BUCKS i got for xmas so that
just about covers the tax ! :p

I'm really happy that i joined this forum !

Theres alot of good people here that care and go out of their way to help someone
that has a problem or if they just need some advice !!! ;)

Briefly had the 6800GT from eVGA. Awesome card. Came with doom 3 too and like you was a gift from my wife. I sold it for an additional 60 bucks and am now contemplating between 6800GT and X800XL after the price hogging is over.

KickAssCop said:
and like you was a gift from my wife.

OK !

In that case do you think we should keep them ? :p

UPDATE = BestBuy by me is out of stock and they don't know
when their gonna get any !

I think i'm gonna cry :( lol

The only issue I have with the BFG card is that the 2 fan version is very loud.

IMHO

Lou

DAMN :mad:

the BFG 6800 GT OC is a hard card to find ! :(

the places i've checked either don't have them in stock or plain out of their mind
with the price !!! :(

anybody got any ideas on a place i can get one for a good price and safe to buy from ?

Back