4-way 2011 motherboard

lundrog

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok , seems I just did this.

I have 4 evga gtx 680 classified 's in sli I need a socket 2011 board for.

I would love to use my Xonar stx 1x pice sound card as well.

And please , if it has a CMOS reset switch not under the video cards ....

I am going to cut little corners this time around ...

P.s a easy over clock smoked my proc last time, and likely the board. (See sig)

Thanks again!

What speeds are you looking to achieve on the lanes. You could easily ball out and get the asrock extreme 11. I think the cheapest 4 way board worth buying Is the one I have, asrock fatality x79 professional

The only board that would have natively fit all that would have been the MSI X79 Big Bang Xpower II, the only X79 XL-ATX board in existence oddly enough.

Also, 16 lanes on each card doesn't matter. 40 PCI-E 3.0 lanes is more than enough to feed any quad-SLI/crossfire system.

Wow, didn't like the p8z77-ws huh? Want more pcie lanes?

I have both the p8z77-ws and the p9x79-ws. Neither in 4 way sli but I like keeping my options open.

Wow, didn't like the p8z77-ws huh? Want more pcie lanes?

I have both the p8z77-ws and the p9x79-ws. Neither in 4 way sli but I like keeping my options open.

I think I fried my CPU, or maybe board.

I did a easy oc using AI, it came back without raid so I loaded a profile at 4.7 and rebooted. Same result with raid, so I turned the pc off, and it wouldn't turn back on.

Removed all video cards, notta, removed all ram, notta. No beebs....

Returning it tomorrow, weather permitting.

I think I fried my CPU, or maybe board.

I did a easy oc using AI, it came back without raid so I loaded a profile at 4.7 and rebooted. Same result with raid, so I turned the pc off, and it wouldn't turn back on.

Removed all video cards, notta, removed all ram, notta. No beebs....

Returning it tomorrow, weather permitting.

The "Auto OC" feature adjusts the BCLK which is tied to your PCIe bus (SATA drives, video cards, etc.). That is the main reason why I don't ever mess with it - do it manually to save yourself the trouble.

One thing to note about X79 and Nvidia cards is that it defaults to PCIe 2.0. You need to run this patch to get it to run in PCIe 3.0. Not that it's a huge deal or anything but I figured I'd let you know before you came back wondering why it wasn't. :p

The "Auto OC" feature adjusts the BCLK which is tied to your PCIe bus (SATA drives, video cards, etc.). That is the main reason why I don't ever mess with it - do it manually to save yourself the trouble.

One thing to note about X79 and Nvidia cards is that it defaults to PCIe 2.0. You need to run this patch to get it to run in PCIe 3.0. Not that it's a huge deal or anything but I figured I'd let you know before you came back wondering why it wasn't. :p

I ran it once before without any problems, just trying out the boards features..

TY, I book marked the page.

I replaced my 3570k with a 3930k, and my 1155 motherboard with a ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard.

I also replaced my AIO water cooler with a Thermaltake CLW0217 Water 2.0 Extreme/All-In-One Liquid Cooling System.

image-XL.jpg

Spec's are in my Sig, Using five 140mm Fractal Case Fan's. And a 140mm Silverstone Case fan on the side door for intake.

I have six ssd's in raid in a Thermaltake MAX-1562 5.25 HDD bay, as you can see this opened up my case.

I have to say , I am very happy with this rig!

Comments welcome!

Time for bigger case and true watercooling ;)

Something like the TJ11 with a 560mm (4x140) radiator...

How are your temps when gaming? Poor cards are packed together. :)

I do like the AIO cooler, since I dont plan on going full WC.

What kind of temps do you have on your cpu OC?

yes, very nice system... glad I was there for your 3 practice builds so I could teach you proper cable management ;)

I didn't notice this before, but are those fans on the radiator stacked, or is one of them gutted and used as a shroud?

yes, very nice system... glad I was there for your 3 practice builds so I could teach you proper cable management ;)

Heh, Yep. Someone had to show you what you were capable of.

I didn't notice this before, but are those fans on the radiator stacked, or is one of them gutted and used as a shroud?

The fans are stacked yes. :0)

Stacked fans are useless, testing has shown this. You need something between the fans to straighten out the airflow, otherwise the second fan only just spins the air of the first fan.

Solid, do I need this patch still?

Solid, do I need this patch still?

Yup. Nvidia hasn't fixed it yet with their drivers to my knowledge. IVB-E will be offering native support for PCIe 3.0 so hopefully you won't need to do that patch anymore if plan on upgrading to that.

Back