4 PFLOP, 2160 GPU Supercomputer

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
Imagine if this thing was real :eek:

how many PPD would it put out? awesome idea anyways, i wish some company with alot of cash like google or amazon would do something like this.

http://helmer3.sfe.se/

Let's raise 900,000$ then make ourselves the [H]ardest mowing maching in the world !

That is a lot of juice....but Chicago is pretty expensive...for cheap power we need to go to Ohio ;)

Hey now!

I pay 5.6 and thats too much :p

We just had the highest bill we have ever had by 40 bucks. I got the evil eye from the wife.

Hey now!

I pay 5.6 and thats too much :p

We just had the highest bill we have ever had by 40 bucks. I got the evil eye from the wife.

We're up to 19.3. I wish you could sell me power out here in NJ. The wife thinks most of that is from the AC :eek: I don't think they had been by to read the meter for months.

We're up to 19.3. I wish you could sell me power out here in NJ. The wife thinks most of that is from the AC :eek: I don't think they had been by to read the meter for months.

If they have been estimating your power usage for the last few months.... ohh man, good luck :p

If they have been estimating your power usage for the last few months.... ohh man, good luck :p

Yea, they read it for this last bill. I didn't realize an electric bill could be so high....looked more like a mortgage payment :eek::eek: I will start the extreme energy conservation measures so I can keep all the boxens folding. Once winter rolls around those boxens should be good for heating and it should start to even out a little (I hope).

Yea, they read it for this last bill. I didn't realize an electric bill could be so high....looked more like a mortgage payment :eek::eek: I will start the extreme energy conservation measures so I can keep all the boxens folding. Once winter rolls around those boxens should be good for heating and it should start to even out a little (I hope).

I'm looking forward to a much lower gas bill this winter :D

Something we should all take from that is this photo:

http://helmer3.sfe.se/pic_internal.jpg

That is a very clean setup. The way a F@H Boxen should look inside...

Sunin -> take notes ... :)

PS - Anyone know what MB and CPU Combo that is ....??

The drawing in the link actually looked like a bunch of Cray’s clustered.

These days most of us have the power of a Cray in our homes, now that’s something to think about.

As to the build quality on that one box, well, frankly it makes me ashamed to look inside mine;)

As for electric bills…….right now I’m at about $250.00 per month and that’s down to three boxen. PPL, my favorite power company has actually promised us that when the cap is lifted in 2010 it will at least double…..yes, double. They even sent us a letter telling us that and offered to allow us to over pay our future bill now so we aren’t hit so hard in the future. They even posted it on their site. They will pay customers 6% on over balances, but won’t give a 6% discount.

The really sad part is even though there is a legislated cap on what they can charge the PA legislature has allowed them enough increases to double the bill in the past 4 years, so we get charged double double in 2010.

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate public utilities?;)

We won’t even go in home heating for this year:rolleyes:

PS - Anyone know what MB and CPU Combo that is ....??

Its probably a MSI K9A2 Plat mobo with an AM2+ cpu in it.

Each blade will pull around 900 watts as thats what my setup like that pulls.
So ~900 watts per blade and 9 blades per level = ~8kW.
So ~8 kW per level and 6 levels per stack = ~48 kW.
So ~48 kW per stack and 10 stacks = ~480 kW.
And thats not counting the power to run the cooling.

Luck ............ :D

Back