4 Of The 5 Highest Paid Executives Are From Apple

HardOCP News

[H] News
Four out of the five of the highest-paid people on the S&P 500 list are Apple employees. Honestly, the company is making money hand over fist and their customers are happy so who cares. :)

Four of the five highest-paid employees at Standard & Poor’s 500 companies aren’t chief executive officers. They’re Apple Inc. (AAPL) senior lieutenants receiving compensation packages designed to keep management intact in an increasingly competitive industry.

If the stock keeps tanking and they keep regurgitating the same iPad / iPhones designs there might be reason for concern but it's not like they are the bailed out banks giving themselves raises ;)

In an industry where turnover at the executive level can be very high it isn't unreasonable ... it is interesting that most of the top paid execs are all CEOs and only the Apple ones are lower level executives ... I think Apple is also much more dependent on their leaders at the top of the company than some other companies are ... but if their stock does keep dropping they will definitely have issues

If a company makes money, then by all means the executives are expected to be paid for it. I still hate Apple, but that's not a reason I would hate them. I hate their attitude and products.

If many extremely-well-paid Apple execs were to voluntarily cut their salaries/bonuses by 10%, perhaps the corporation could hire Americans to build their iDevices, instead of working so hard to shave a few bucks off the cost of their overpriced hardware with Foxconn.

If many extremely-well-paid Apple execs were to voluntarily cut their salaries/bonuses by 10%, perhaps the corporation could hire Americans to build their iDevices, instead of working so hard to shave a few bucks off the cost of their overpriced hardware with Foxconn.

Well, considering almost no electrical devices are made in the USA I am not sure that is unique to Apple ... there is a process of onshoring where some manufacturing is being brought back to the USA from Apple and other companies ... now that there are more right to work states and the states are relaxing some of their unreasonable restrictions on business there are valid economic reasons to bring manufacturing back ...

however, I don't see Americans clamouring for higher prices to bring everything back ... Americans tend to like lower prices much more than they worry about where something is manufactured ;)

But that would never fly with the board of directors.

These boards, above all else, are out there to maximize the money flowing into their pockets.

If the iStuff was made in the US, the price would cost at least 10x as much just due to higher labor costs here. How many iThings do you think would sell if they were 10x the price they are now?

And, even if they did move manufacturing to the US, they would have to make sure to ban unions in their shop(s), or else Apple would die in a few short years.

Yes, I have worked in a union shop here in the US. Unions are a complete and total joke here in the US. Full benefits and $20+ and hour for even the lowest payed people with a guarantee that you cannot be fired short of assault or worse is a complete and utter joke and a great way to run a business into the ground.

All the union bosses care about is lining their pockets with as much money as they can until they run the company into the ground.

I will NEVER work in a union shop again.

Lol at the inevitable foxconn hate:D

however, I don't see Americans clamouring for higher prices to bring everything back ... Americans tend to like lower prices much more than they worry about where something is manufactured ;)[/QUOTE]

Right on right on

Lol at the inevitable foxconn hate:D

however, I don't see Americans clamouring for higher prices to bring everything back ... Americans tend to like lower prices much more than they worry about where something is manufactured ;)

Right on right on[/QUOTE]

If you start to look at things going on in china recently, Wages starting to rise and even all the pollution. Cost of making it in china is rising and its getting to point where its gonna cost same as if it was made in the US. Also the last face of with the Chinese limit of 1 child per family, over next 10-15 years their work force is gonna start to decline quiet a bit due to their population getting up in age.

But that would never fly with the board of directors.

These boards, above all else, are out there to maximize the money flowing into their pockets.

If the iStuff was made in the US, the price would cost at least 10x as much just due to higher labor costs here. How many iThings do you think would sell if they were 10x the price they are now?

And, even if they did move manufacturing to the US, they would have to make sure to ban unions in their shop(s), or else Apple would die in a few short years.

Yes, I have worked in a union shop here in the US. Unions are a complete and total joke here in the US. Full benefits and $20+ and hour for even the lowest payed people with a guarantee that you cannot be fired short of assault or worse is a complete and utter joke and a great way to run a business into the ground.

All the union bosses care about is lining their pockets with as much money as they can until they run the company into the ground.

They are also there to maximize the money flowing into my pockets (investments). I still own a bit of apple (although I sold most of it for over $100 a share in profit). I am very interested in them lining my pockets so I can retire as well.

Yes. This is well understood.

If the iStuff was made in the US, the price would cost at least 10x as much just due to higher labor costs here.

[citation needed]

[citation needed]

Your experience as a member of a labor union is anecdotal. You are extrapolating wildly from one shop to the whole economy. Anybody can parrot talking-points handed down by anti-labor interests, and many who do so do not realize they are arguing against their own interests, carrying water for owners that are unconcerned with anything beyond their personal profit. They want cheap labor = they want other people to work to create wealth for them, and compensate those workers as little as they can possibly get away with, creating an intensely adversarial relationship between employer and employee. Min/maxing is for gamers -- when you do it to the working poor and middle-class, you get the increasing delta between the richest Americans and everyone else that we see growing over the last 30 years; each year growing faster than the last. This is not a problem for those relatively few who profit from the status quo (unless history repeats itself, which it has a tendency to do).

You mean like the board of directors you alluded to above?

You needn't worry too much about having to face that terrible day, as Washington lobbyists are disproportionately on the side of management vs. workers, and the legislation reflects this as more and more states remove employee options in this regard. If they could, the anti-labor interests would banish weekends and overtime and sick leave and child labor restrictions, et al, back to the way they were in the "good old days" when workers had no collective influence at all. This must be why you vote for them, yes? You know, to make sure you never get paid too much or have any benefits you feel you do not deserve. (And more importantly, make sure no one else is getting what you don't believe they deserve.)

Back