4 monitor setup help

Hi, I would like to ask a noobish question, I'm pretty sure that this is going to be OK but I need some reasurance that it will work:

Can I hook up 4 monitors to a dual ATI 4670 video card setup, e.g.,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161252

I have the monitors but need to work out which cards to get.

Also, I was thinking about getting an AMD 790gx mobo (with HD 3300 on board graphics) to do this. In this case could set could I just get 1 video card and run 4 monitors? In other words can I run 2 monitors off the on board video and an extra 2 monitors off a 4670 card. This is for a MS office/photoshop/internet surfing workstation and so should not be too taxing on the VGA chip.

eh, I dont know how the ATI onboard chipsets workout for that, I know the nVidia IGP + nVidia card will let you add a single monitor to the IGP, and two or four (depending on the card) to the card, while running up your chipset temperature

the two cards should work fine, although I don't think you'll have 4 displays if you enable CF-X

also, if you go ATI, and want to change backgrounds on monitors individually, you'll probably need some 3rd party software, like ultramon or displayfusion, which -> $$$

Back