4 inches of DOOM 3 lovin'!

HardOCP News

[H] News
big screen DOOM 3 folks eat your heart out!!! Why go big screen when you can get DOOM 3 in 800x600 Hi Quakity on a 4" LCD. LOL!!!

little_d3.jpg

I might not be near as scared if those monsters are that small heh.

"Hi Quakity"? :confused: is that a hidden setting? :p

You should make a headset and mount the LCD 1" from your eyes... :eek:

I did the whole big screen gaming thing all last week in the livingroom, then after I posted this picture:

bigd3.jpg

...everyone started flooding me with "you think 53" is impressive..." sending in massive 200" projection pictures. So I whipped out the trusty 4 incher and got down to business.

:eek:

your living room looks awesome, i like the katana too. do you have a pic of the whole room?

Is that katana teh one from teh home shopping network, where the guy banged it against a table and it snapped and stabbed him? :D

versello said:
Is that katana teh one from teh home shopping network, where the guy banged it against a table and it snapped and stabbed him? :D
hahaha, i remember that video clip, i think i still have it saved somewhere

versello said:
Did you guys see the one where the guy fell from the ladder and smacked his head? OMG that was sooo funny! I laughed my ass off! :D
/hijack

Get 3 more, a few shuttle boards, and put the LCD's on the case side - instant multiplayer rig :D

BTW links to that katana-breaking video clip are located here. As funny as the stabbing is, let it play through to the end - the producer's comment is priceless! Honestly, I don't know what the moron was thinking hitting the backside of the katana against the table.

Could you give more details about it? Type of LCD and the interface?

Looks great!
Kman

kman said:
Could you give more details about it? Type of LCD and the interface?

Looks great!
Kman
It looks like the standard kind of LCD that you can get from PartsExpress.

Ya what most people dont realize is that the larger your screen the higher the resolution you need to make it look good. For example you have to run doom3 at atleast 1280x960 on a 21' monitor to make it look crisp, yet if you hook up a 15' monitor 800x600 looks just as crisp. Anyways something some of you might want to consider if you dont have the cash to upgrade and got a large monitor is just play it on a 15' monitor.

Steve said:
So I whipped out the trusty 4 incher and got down to business.

That just sounds bad in so many ways...LOL...

Just funnin ya

Whats the make/model of that 4 inch screen?

MD

As if the game wasn't dark enough. "Hey, it's even darker now on LCD! w00t!" :p

Not photoshop.

But almost as bad. :p I took a screenshot, viewed it on PPC, then took picture.

I was bored.

Steve said:
I did the whole big screen gaming thing all last week in the livingroom, then after I posted this picture:

...everyone started flooding me with "you think 53" is impressive..." sending in massive 200" projection pictures. So I whipped out the trusty 4 incher and got down to business.

Yeah in the thread of what monitor will you be using for d3, I said my 55" hdtv, and someone that had the small penis syndrome(I will not name names, but, he has a huge thread on it now) said oh yeah thats it? I have a 110" projector.... :rolleyes:

Turn the 4" lcd into a hand held d3 machine, that wold rock!

if you had two of them, you could set them up in a pair of glasses and have a "huge" screen..

Oh man, that's great.

Now if someone can link the dude falling off the ladder, I'd be set :p

Steve said:
So I whipped out the trusty 4 incher and got down to business.

Story of my life Steve, story of my life....

But seriously, once me and a buddy hooked up the xbox to the input jacks on my camcorder and attepmted to play multiplayer halo on the tiny 3x2 screen. Holy crap, talk about eye strain.

Back