4 GB (4 x 1 GB) Corsair DDR2 800 ram - $59 (no rebates)

If I get these. I'm placing my Asus A8N-SLi Premium and Opteron 175 and ram up for sale big time.

I should probably also mention I have no use for these, I just can't pass up an awesome deal...

In for a set at techonweb - thanks for the heads up on that one. as with most everyone - I don't have a use for these currently. Maybe this will get my c2d build moving?

I just ordered a set from TechOnWeb.com even though it was OOS.
Hopefully I'll still get them, I actually need this.

ok, so techonweb.com has them for $50, and also for $470? both OOS.

i wonder who would pay for the $470 set?

Here are my thoughts on this. (And yes I did order a set).

This is a price mistake and most likely won't be honored. The price was incorrect from their distrubutor (ie Ingram Micro or the likes) and it was updated along with the other correct prices. Once it was noticed the price was wrong it was changed. Take a look at froogle and see how many places are selling it for less than $60, then click on their updated page and see the price.

Some places may offer a consession coupon or the likes. But don't hold your breath for many of these places to take a $175-225 loss per item.

still ridiculous that tthey get away with this chit.

I ordered but am going to be pissed if they cancel.

It annoys me that bait and switch laws dont get applied nor make these companies fearful.

pretty much they get you to sign up for their BBFB services and then cancel the order once they have enough new customer registrations.

if it goes thru, yipee!

Just called techonweb about the back order. They expect more in on the 15th, but you have to wait until they get them in and then respond to an approval email.

She didn't seem too concerned about the price and didn't let on that it was a mistake. Could just be a huge manufacturer clearance?

If I get these. I'm placing my Asus A8N-SLi Premium and Opteron 175 and ram up for sale big time.

In the same boat here. Maybe pick up a Core 2 4400 and a new MB.

What's nice is I can probably get at least $80 for my memory, seeing as it's still about $125 on newegg right now.

I see the price on techonweb being $246 now. Anyone have a different link??

Nope, that's the right link. Maybe it was an error. They already charged me so I hope they honor it.. but I won't be surprised if they don't.

Just spoke to TechOnWeb. Obviously, they're not standing by that price.
The rep I spoke to told me that since they state that the price can change anytime without notice, the product will ship at the price of 246.05- even though an order was placed with the lower price.

So I asked him if it was an error in the pricing and he denies that also.
Called couple of times, and I get the same person. Guess not many people work there.

Atleast now I know not to deal with this company again. haha.

Just spoke to TechOnWeb. Obviously, they're not standing by that price.
The rep I spoke to told me that since they state that the price can change anytime without notice, the product will ship at the price of 246.05- even though an order was placed with the lower price.

So I asked him if it was an error in the pricing and he denies that also.
Called couple of times, and I get the same person. Guess not many people work there.

And why should they stand by that price? Here is part of the terms & conditions you agreed to when the order was placed.

Terms and Policy
TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS
Techonweb has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the product information and description. In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price due to typographical, photographic or technical error, Techonweb shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for products listed at the incorrect price. Techonweb shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Techonweb shall immediately issue a refund to your account in the total charged. TECHONWEB is also not responsible for any photographic or technical errors.

Yeah, the most they can do is just cancel the order and refund.. they can't go back and charge you more than you agreed to. So, it's a gamble but you have nothing to lose.. and if they try something fishy, just call your credit card/bank and let the hounds loose.

And why should they stand by that price? Here is part of the terms & conditions you agreed to when the order was placed.

I know . I was't expecting this to ship as I've mentioned before.
If you look at my post, I said "obviously".
I just wanted to let you all know.

Calm down.

Hmm, my order actually says shipped now and the $55 charge is all I see on my CC. Maybe I'll get lucky. Now to sell this brand new, unopened kit of G.SKill. :(

I just got off of the phone with TechOnWeb.com and they are honoring the price for me. I talked to a rep named Melissa and she was extremely nice. She said they expecting a shipment at the end of the month and I can expect mine shortly after. But she said they are 100% honoring that price no questions asked. I was on hold for a while and got nervous, but when she picked up and told me that I was ecstatic.

End of the month? Blah, she told me the 15th! Oh well, I got 2 gigs to last me until then anyway!

That's great for the techonweb people but has anyone contacted BBB? If so, what have they said?

That's great for the techonweb people but has anyone contacted BBB? If so, what have they said?

BBB changed their price to $337. i ordered @$68, and they charged me, let's hope it ships to everyone that got in before the price was fixt.

don't think i'll call, as that may alert them to cancel all the orders too.

i'll just sit here with my fingers crossed and hope everything works out :D

edit: not only is it $337, but it shows as Not Available now

sweet i ordered two sets for 8gb total came to $140.76 after tax + shipping, just got shipping confirmation and CC has been charged exactly that, and I double checked with BB and they said I should have it in a couple days since I live so close to their dist center.

in my dreams!!! :p

Indeed in your dreams :D

I shouldn't have ordered, I'll just resell them because I need the money :) If they actually send them.

Like when I found a couple 750 gig drives for $100 brand new locally, then sold them for $180 :D

call them again, tell them that if they are going to do this that they are pulling bait and switch and its VERY clear cut (just say) and that if thy are going to continue this bs then that you will be happy to report their actions to the BBBureau and resellerratings so people can see their true color.

call them again, tell them that if they are going to do this that they are pulling bait and switch and its VERY clear cut (just say) and that if thy are going to continue this bs then that you will be happy to report their actions to the BBBureau and resellerratings so people can see their true color.

one thing i can't stand is people who'll report a company to the BBB for not doing anything wrong

read the terms of service,

and don't be a dickwad

It's only a bait and switch if they give you something other than what you paid for or told you that you can't get what was advertised and tries to sell you something else instead.

Simply not having the item at the available price, or retracting a misprint isn't bait and switch and they have the right to cancel an order and refund your money.

I just got off of the phone with TechOnWeb.com and they are honoring the price for me. I talked to a rep named Melissa and she was extremely nice. She said they expecting a shipment at the end of the month and I can expect mine shortly after. But she said they are 100% honoring that price no questions asked. I was on hold for a while and got nervous, but when she picked up and told me that I was ecstatic.

Got the same person. Got the same message. Hope it ships.

Hmm, i got the Backordered e-mail, but when i click on the item in my Invoice it says In Stock (for $246).

Should I call or just wait it out?

Hmm, i got the Backordered e-mail, but when i click on the item in my Invoice it says In Stock (for $246).

Should I call or just wait it out?

What does it say when you check your order on the website? Mine says shipped already but when I ordered it was out of stock. I only got a confirmation email also.

Back