4 Diagnostic LEDs on DFI

iSkylla

[H]ard|Gawd
What does this mean, what do I have to do to get rid of it. Also, how do I clear CMOS, I hear this might fix the problem.

Dude...do you have a manual?

The four LEDs go off as the board is booting up. If all 4 LEDs stay on, it means the CPU wasn't detected. If 3 stay on, it means the RAM wasn't detected. If 2 stay on, it means the VGA adapter wasn't detected. And if 1 stays on, it means the system couldn't boot up for some reason.

The jumper to clear the CMOS is on the right hand side of the board towards the bottom, vertically oriented.

I dont have manual, OEM version. How do I set the jumper on CMOS to clear and then how do I set it back to normal.

the jumper is right next to the battery... I think you just have to move it over one pin and then put it back. course, if that doesn't work, you can try popping the battery out and sticking it back in.

are you sure the 4 pin CPU power plug is connected to the board? if your cpu isn't getting enough juice, its certainly not going to boot up.

by the way, your signature is 6 lines too long. the max allowed is 10 lines... you should fix that :cool:

Straight from the manual
Lights 1+2+3+4 = System Start Up
Lights 4+3+2 = CPU detected
Lights 4+3 = DRAM detected
Lights 4 = VGA Detected
Lights 0 = System Boot-up

Back