4 80mm fans not providing enough cooling to processor what should I do?

Siidu

n00b
My 4 80mm cooling fans aren't exactly providing enough cooling for my 2500+ now and it's only at stock speed too. ASUS Probe reads 54C and it's normally exceeding 60C So. I'm thinking I should someone reposition my cooling fans in a way where the processor gets more airflow. The way I have it set up is 2 80mm antecs in the front SUCKING in air and the 2 stock 80mms that came with my chieftec case BLOWING out air. I also think my HS/F which is a volcano 9? or something I forget what it is. But... I never bought any arctic silver for the bastid so I stuck with the thermal pad that came standard on it, so I can take a guess that'd also increase the temperatures. Any ideas or some strange mods involving household items?

Clean up your cables as much as possible so they don't restrict airflow.

Get a portable Air Conditioner to keep your room cooler in the summer so the ambient Temperature is lower. Do not connect the AC directly to the PC in any way as if the temp in the PC is signficantly different from outside the PC you will get condensation in your PC and fry things.

If you are feeling confident about your technical skills and got some cash to spend cut a hole in the side of the case and slap a fan on it to vent air directly in on the CPU area.

my CM 201 case was pretty warm and then i replaced the stock fans with Panaflow H1A's and it's now much cooler w/ a lot more airflow... and is still reasonably quiet.

but like ^ said, clean up the cables and wires so as not to restrict airflow and perhaps replace the fans with ones with a higher flow rateing and if you have the time, drop by a store and get some AS5 for your processor/HS.

that should in combination, be enough to keep your pc relatively cool

Back